Author Topic: Re: Sleaford Lincolnshire  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Sleaford Lincolnshire
« on: Saturday 18 September 04 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Billy Does the area cover Rauceby if it does could you look up the following for.

William Humphrey and his wife Mary Barnett

they wernt married untill 1853  in Rauceby so would love details of them on the 1851 or 1861 census i have them on 1881 upwards

PArents of William were Edward humphrey/Rebecca Brown
Parents of Mary were Richard Barnett

Angela  :)
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Dave Redwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 September 04 23:11 BST (UK) »
1861 Census - Lincolnshire
RG9 / 2344 Folio 34 Page 10
Schedule 45 North Rauceby
William Humphry   Head    Mar  28  Ag Lab   Lincoln, Rauceby
Mary        Do         Wife     Mar   27                   Do     Ewerby
    *         Do          Son                5  Scholar      Do     Rauceby
Susan      Do         Daur               1                    Do        Do

* name indistinct - Bar*** . Any clues? Give me a hint and I'll confirm if that's what the name looks like :D

Also:
RG9 / 2344 Folio 33 Page 8
Schedule 31 North Rauceby
Edward Humphry   Head  Mar  56  Ag Lab        Lincoln, Rauceby
Rebecca     Do        Wife   Mar  49                       Do     Heckington
Charles      Do        Son            12  Ag Day Boy   Do     Rauceby
John E        Do        Son              9  Scholar         Do          Do

Couldn't see Richard Barnett in either North or South Rauceby, though there are a sprinkling of other Barnetts / Bennetts and a couple of other Humphrys.

Cheers
Smith - Newington SRY; Sanford - Dorking SRY; Miller - Woolland DOR; Keeley - Burwash SSX; Storr - Hackthorn LIN; Drury - Haddington LIN; Owen - Bangor CAE; Evans - Chester CHS; Jones - Llanfyllin MGY; Rivers - Liverpool LAN; Kent - Cheetham LAN; Huffadine - Liverpool LAN; Parkinson - Liverpool LAN

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 September 04 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

Thankyou for this this was very good of you.
the bar*** wouild be Barnett as on some of the later census there Son William who had Barnett as his middle name seemed to drop the William and was known AS barnett humphrey on them.

could i ask you to look up another for me please if it isnt to much bother.

im looking for a Harriet Greenwood  she was born 1857 Sleaford or Grantham  According to different census her PArents were William Ward and Elizabeth Greenwood
the family may be down as Ward from 1861 as her parents didnt marry till the year after she was born.i have then from 1881 on wards

Thankyou again

Angela :)

Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Offline Dave Redwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 September 04 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela
Just to confirm the Barnett entry in my previous post - a recheck of the page indicates every likelihood that that is the name written thereon.
I'll have a go at your other enquiry when I get a chance. I don't have an index, unfortunately, and obviously a search in the larger towns and cities is going to take somewhat longer than a quick zip through a small village! I also have to warn that some of the scanned pages are not too clear. But I'll have a go. (Might be a week or so.)
Dave
Smith - Newington SRY; Sanford - Dorking SRY; Miller - Woolland DOR; Keeley - Burwash SSX; Storr - Hackthorn LIN; Drury - Haddington LIN; Owen - Bangor CAE; Evans - Chester CHS; Jones - Llanfyllin MGY; Rivers - Liverpool LAN; Kent - Cheetham LAN; Huffadine - Liverpool LAN; Parkinson - Liverpool LAN

Offline Dave Redwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 September 04 06:29 BST (UK) »
Here we go, Angela. Didn't take as long as I thought - lucky I started with Sleaford!

RG9 / 2343 Folio 31 Page 15
Schedule 95
Westgate (or Westgates), New Sleaford, Lincs

William Ward     Head  Mar  34  Ag Labourer       Lincolnshire, Grantham
Eliza       Do      Wife   Mar   22                                 "           Helpringham
Harriett  Do       Daur            3                                 "            Sleaford

You may find more children in the 1871 census. (I did check the next page of this one, as this family was at the bottom of one page, but there were no others hiding!)
All the best
Dave

Offline Fifer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 September 04 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

Sorry its taken me so long to reply to you ive been busy with decorating the house and been to busy to check online much.

So just to say a big thankyou to you for looking these up.

Thanks again

Angela :)