Author Topic: Louisa Hanson monumental inscription - Bexley  (Read 896 times)

Offline brisall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Louisa Hanson monumental inscription - Bexley
« on: Tuesday 07 February 06 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone help with Louisa Hansons monumental inscription,she was buried July 7 1884 at St Marys church Bexley in plotDu/24,any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Dimps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GET STUCK IN...
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Hanson monumental inscription - Bexley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 February 06 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brisall,

I popped along to St Mary's this afternoon, as I was taking the children to the pictures in Bexleyheath.  It was very much a flying visit, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, most of the gravestones are indecipherable and the church was locked, so I was unable to look for a layout plan.

How did you get the plot number?  For instance, was it from one of the church wardens?  There is no contact number on the church's website (www.stmarysbexley.co.uk).

Dimps
Linberry, Chatfield, Faulkner, West in West Sussex<br />Towell, in Shoreditch and Exeter<br />Spurling from Norfolk<br />Bateson from Norfolk<br />Snell, Lorkin, Norman from Suffolk<br />O'Boyle/Boyle from Donegal<br />Murray, McCann, Gunn from Sutherland<br />Davis, Bute from Woolwich<br /><br />Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline brisall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Louisa Hanson monumental inscription - Bexley
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 February 06 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dimps Thank you very much for your help,I got the information from a request to a local studies unit at Bexley,they had a reference of the burial at Bexley with that grave location number,I suppose I need to obtain a monumental inscription of her gravestone from somewhere.
Anyway many thanks again,it was much appreciated.