Author Topic: 1871 Holborn Census - PARRY  (Read 1963 times)

Offline dotwar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1871 Holborn Census - PARRY
« on: Sunday 26 September 04 00:39 BST (UK) »
Am seeking Thomas James PARRY (tallow chandler from St. Martin's in the Fields), his wife Elizabeth  and their family in the 1871 Census.  Not sure of 1871 address.

They were found in the 1861 census at:
13 Elm Street, Grays Inn Road, Holborn, St. Andrews

1881 Census has Thomas and family at:
24 Lambs Conduit, Middlesex

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Dot.

Searching Parry, Stott, Henley, Wright, Pritchard, Gash, Jackson, Armstrong, Richardson, Warwick

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Holborn Census - PARRY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 September 04 02:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry dotwar not a chance of finding him with this information...Do u have any idea how many Thomas Parrys b Middlesex appear.  ???Couldnt even find him in 81 to get the info on him.  Can u give any more info on the people u expect ti find and their ages and places of birth and I will try again
Kris
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dotwar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 September 04 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Kris
Thomas James PARRY  was born approx 1827 in St. Martin's in the Fields. His occupation was shopman and tallow chandler. His wife Elizabeth (nee Stott) was born approx 1828.  Their daughter Elizabeth Ann was born approx 1851 in Holborn, son Frederick William Sept 1856 in Holborn, son Alfred approx 1859 in Holborn, daughter Rose 1861 in Holborn, and daughter Clara approx 1868(birthplace unknown).

The 1861 census listed them as living at 13 Elm Street, Gray's Inn Lane, Holborn.  Son Frederick William was, I believe listed as William.  Clara was not, of course, present at that time.

Do know that by 1871 they were living at 24 Lambs Conduit, Middlesex.

Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Dot.
Searching Parry, Stott, Henley, Wright, Pritchard, Gash, Jackson, Armstrong, Richardson, Warwick

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 September 04 04:04 BST (UK) »
Hi again Dot...That was exactly the info I wanted but alas it has not helped.  ??? Usually when the head of the family seems elusive so u try the other family members u can find them. I have tried searching for these people 1 by 1 without success. For some reason I cannot find any middlessex material i. It seems to be a lot of these lately that just arent there. In this case I have tried everything I can think of without success and seeing that I cant seem to locate any Parrys at all b Holburn I feel it is just not available as yet but it may pay to check again as they constantly add things.
Sorry i couldnt help
Kris
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dotwar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 September 04 04:10 BST (UK) »
Kris
Thanks so much for trying.  I'm trying to get a handle on Frederick William (my great-grandfather) and any other children that may have been born after 1861.
Really appreciate your attempts.
Dot.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 May 05 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Dotwar

Here are the family in 1881 so we can get a handle on the exact info to try and find them in 1871....if you still need them that is?

Clara Parry abt 1868  St Pancras, Middlesex, Daughter  24 Lambs Conduit, St George Martyr, 
Elizabeth Parry abt 1828  St Mary Le Strand, Middlesex, Wife  24 Lambs Conduit, St George Martyr, 
Rose Parry abt 1861  St Andrews, Middlesex, Daughter  24 Lambs Conduit, St George Martyr,
Thomas J. Parry abt 1827  St Martins, Middlesex,  Head  24 Lambs Conduit, St George Martyr, 

All the best

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dotwar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 May 05 22:43 BST (UK) »
Dear Carol
Many thanks for your help.  I have since located the entire family living in Pancras for the 1871 census.

Dot