Author Topic: family names I'm looking for  (Read 2960 times)

Offline johnmcrae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
family names I'm looking for
« on: Thursday 16 February 06 23:54 GMT (UK) »
I am beginning to make heavy work of some of the branches of my tree and wondered if anyone else was looking in the same areas as me.

The names in Perthshire I am looking for on this branch are

David Baillie - b BEF 1825 probably Errol
married to Mary Angus (b ABT 1809 - d Longforgan 1873)

They had at least 3 children that I am aware of - Mary Jonas Baillie, Alexander Fleming Baillie and Ann Baillie (born in Longforgan and Errol)

Mary's parents were James Angus and Ann Allan but I don't know much more about them.

I am guessing that David Baillie's parents might include a Fleming, probably his mothers maiden name, because this is a common name in future generations but the root of it has not yet surfaced.

I am also looking to get further back with a Peter Shepherd
He married Mary Burry (Burrow/Burrogh/Borrie depending on which certificate I look at) in St Maddoes in 1838  He died after 1886 but have not been able to find the death certificate on scotlandspeople.gov.uk yet

Mary was born ABT 1823 and died in 1886.

They had at least 4 children that I know of - James Burry Shepherd, Mary Shepherd, Thomas Shepherd and David Shepherd born in Longforgan and Errol.

Mary's parents were James Burry and Mary Ann ?????.  The certificate has very poor handwriting and I am having difficulty reading it.

The other Perthshire names I have been researching are

Doctor, Henderson, MacRae, Smith (all Cargill), Grimmond, and Marr (both Dron)

Is anyone out there working in the same area?

John

Aberdeenshire: Ross, Wright, McWilliams, Skene, Ritchie, Sim.
Angus:  Cochrane, Stewart, Baillie, Cochrane, Gavin(e), McMurchie, Murphy, Wright, Hutcheon, McRae, Findlay, McWilliams, Kerr, Ross, Kidd, Edward(s), Maver, Michie, Angus, Allan, Baxter.
Fife: Bett, Louden, Scot(t), Berrie, Watson, Whytt, Stewart, Clark, Beveridge, Butter
Perthshire: Doctor, Henderson, Macrae, Smith, Grimmond, Marr, Baillie, Shepherd, Burry.
Highland: McRae, Morison, Voy.
Lanark: Hawthorn, Malarky, Winchcole, Reid