Author Topic: HIBBETS or IBBERTS  (Read 969 times)

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HIBBETS or IBBERTS
« on: Saturday 18 February 06 20:06 GMT (UK) »
looking for  mary hibbert also spelt ibbert. born chapel hill lincoln
1803/4 or somewhere around there think she was christend om wragby church any help, breda

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HIBBETS or IBBERTS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 06 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Breda

The IGI has a christening for Mary Ibbert 20th June 1804 at WRAWBY, Lincs, parents named as James & Elizabeth

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 06 19:13 GMT (UK) »
wow thanks

i thought those were her parents names, seeing it is so far back how do i go about getting copies or details. I'm new to this game, but I'm so grateful for  the help of people like you that have the know how.
Mary Hubert married an Irish man john Flanagan hawker, i know nothing more of him, only Mary was a widow with a son James my great grand father they lived in stockport, on all census's i have she states she was born in chapel hill Lincoln, so it looks as if I'm getting close thank you again bread

Offline Geoff E

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 February 06 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Bear in mind that Chapel Hill is near Swineshead and about 25 miles south of WRAGBY ... then it's another 20+ miles on to WRAWBY from WRAGBY.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 February 06 22:02 GMT (UK) »
thank you so much geff
not knowing the area your information is invaluable. i thought the wrawby on some info i have was a miss spelling
and mistakenly thought it was wragby. seemingly there is a mary Ibbert christend at wrawby 20th june 1804.
my mary hibbert born 1803/4  gave chapel hill lincoln on all census's i have as being her place of birth.  maybe her parents had family connections in wragby and thats why she was christened there.
she married john flanagan hawker, we think he was irish have neveer found marriage cert, but plenty of info of her living with seemingly her only son in stockport cheshire. where she died late 1881.aged 77. so the years add up. what do you think?  thanks for your time breda

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 09:20 GMT (UK) »
wow thanks

, seeing it is so far back how do i go about getting copies or details.

Just in case you don't know, civil registration didn't come into being until the middle of 1837 and even then it wasn't compulsory to register a birth/marriage/death until 1875.

So anything before civil registration began means you have to look through parish records, after 1837 you can get a bmd certificate but there are some missing between 1837 & 1875.

Be aware when using the IGI there are 2 types of entry.

Some of the entries are extracted from parish records and are likely to be correct (unless someone made a typo when entering details) and give the source of the info.

The other entries are submitted by members and though might be correct they are someone elses research or guess and do not give the source of their info.

You mentioned an Irish ancestor, well somewhere on rootschat is an Irish board which may be able to help in that direction.

good luck
Bee :)

Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 18:11 GMT (UK) »
thank you Bee for all your great advise, and taking the time to pass it on. i have visiter the irish site, but unfortunatly not knowing what part of ireland john flanagan came from it is hopless. the name is to common.
geff had some good info fro me as regards the distance between chapel hill and wrawby. but it still looks a likley link. bye for  now bren