Author Topic: Help Finding Walter Byron  (Read 8930 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Finding Walter Byron
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 23 February 06 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi to both of you,
In my attempts to emulate Miss Marple I have cut, pasted and listed but still am unable to offer much! Thomas has a Mary Anne wife in 1871 - newlyweds; 1881 he has Martha along with Francis C and baby Blanche; 1891 - Mary - a mistake?? then 1901 Martha - ages and place of birth point to one and the same -at least from 1881 onwards.
I keep trying to give up this and await the results of the birth certificates.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 23 February 06 10:52 GMT (UK) »
I have searched for death of Mary Ann Adams 1871- 1881 (is quarter) to no avail- might have missed her but did try hard.
Names:
1)you would have thought that she would be registered as Mary Ann - a different name to Mary
2) If Thomas who turns up in 1901 was born 1882 - then why is he not Thomas Allchurch Adams .
3)He would (you assume) be Martha's son- he comes after Blanche- so where is he in 1891?

Offline Andy001

• my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 23 February 06 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Thomas who appeared later,was defo Thomas Alchurch Adams,-only one L.I found his marriage yeasterday,and Blanches,and Alices-Thomas the 'Dad'- died between 1904 and 1913.His mum and dad were both dead by 1871.I've found one of martha's sister's with a son called Walter (Hill) ,born 1871,but I followed him through the census's.I'll have to decide whether I think Walter was an Adams and the Hickman listing in 1881was a mistake,or just mention my dilemma to Dudley and they can check them both!

I was trying to eliminate all the Hickman sisters ,I know Honor married Uriah Gadd 1864,Ellen married Thomas Wright 1857,and I'm sure Emma married Thomas Hill, 1853.
Thre were too many Mary's ,Ann's and Elizabeths.
I tried to eliminate the Martha Hickman who married George Roberts in 1869-because of the name George,but I couldn't find them anywhere!!!

West Midlands;Manchester;Halifax;Wadsworth;<br />Denholme;Aberdeen;Leeds;Oxford;Ludgershall;Bletchingdon<br /><br />Watson,Pollitt,Briggs,Purcell,Byron,Clancy,McNulty,Hartley,Spencer,Whyte,Worth,Mills,Cripps,Howson,Wright

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 February 06 16:58 GMT (UK) »
You are doing so well with such a tricky business. In the end you'll feel personally involved with all these people! I'm getting that way myself!

Offline Andy001

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 23 February 06 18:21 GMT (UK) »
I don't really care whether Walter is mine or not anymore!!! I just want to solve the puzzle and see how it all fits together! The words 'dog' and 'bone' spring to mind!!!! ;D ;D

I've been looking at 1881 again,under ultra violet light-it can't see through the black but it highlights the white you can't see so obviously with the naked eye
Anyway it looks like the enumerator started to write L like for lodger or D for daughter,then it definitely says 'son'  but the 'S' is like in Salford at the top of the page,not like the exagerated S elsewhere.As for what he wrote before it-I still can't tell,it looks like the J from joiner but there is a letter like a 'loopy' F-possibly a P.

The wierd thing is-the whole family's entry is in the wrong columns-relationship to head is in the marriage bit and vice versa,which is probably why they have got crosses in the middle columns.

There are a few Mary A Adams deaths on west mids bmd but when I tried to get their ages off free bmd it wouldn't work! :(
West Midlands;Manchester;Halifax;Wadsworth;<br />Denholme;Aberdeen;Leeds;Oxford;Ludgershall;Bletchingdon<br /><br />Watson,Pollitt,Briggs,Purcell,Byron,Clancy,McNulty,Hartley,Spencer,Whyte,Worth,Mills,Cripps,Howson,Wright

Offline UKgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 24 February 06 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

I am still sure that the secret key that unlocks it all may lie in that scribble to the left of "son".

PrueM did her best. She is very good at that stuff.

Maybe some other people would enjoy the challenge. (Have you seen the magic worked on the Photo Restoration board listed under the Common Room board? It's fascinating!!).

Why don't you put the images that PrueM put up on your post onto the Photo Restoration Board and invite others to have a go.

If some of the scribble on the left (the cross etc.) were removed, then the word may become visible.

It's worth a try.

(Everyone loves a challenge!! ;D)

Ukgirl
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Andy001

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 24 February 06 11:43 GMT (UK) »
That sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't know how to do it!!!

I had a better idea-I'll ask Derek Acorah if Sam can help to contact Walter!!!!!!
(You have to have seen Most Haunted on th telly to get that!!!)

Offline bazzuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 01 October 12 16:56 BST (UK) »
walter byron  hit his wife with a iron fender and fled thehousen thinking he had killed her  thats why no one can trace him

Offline bazzuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 01 October 12 17:11 BST (UK) »
Birmingham born in birmingham in 1874

married Mary Ann Clancy's born 1873

children Cathrine, Francis Charles, Walter, Ethel ( my gran ), Elizabeth, Martha and Anna

Mary Ann mother was  Catherine Clancy nee ?? born in Dublin in 1839

there is a rumour that Walter was a batman for an army officer in a Irish regiment also he was a tailor

he also worked at Salford docks

Martha died this year and is buried at Phillips park cemetery east of Manchester city centre  near the new Manchester city ground  she lived just at the back of the cemetery where her mother is buried with other family members