Author Topic: SCHUPP family of WORKSOP  (Read 1040 times)

Offline genichild

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
SCHUPP family of WORKSOP
« on: Sunday 19 February 06 18:49 GMT (UK) »
The SCHUPP family lived in Worksop in 1871 & 1881. The 1881 census shows John SCHUPPaged 45 born in Hessen Damstadt, Germany, a coalminer.His wife Teresa,35,born in Worksop. His children John 13, Katherine 11, George 9, Ludwig 8, Teresa 6, Maria 3 & Elizabeth 1(all born in Worksop) living at Norfolk Terrace, Westgate. My great-grandfather, Jonathan Rhodes, married a Mary SCHUPP, who was born in Germany, in Ashton-under-Lyne on 27 May 1876. My grandfather, John Peppler Rhodes, was born in Worksop on 6 Feb.1879.Their address was given as Darfoulds Pit. Was Mary SCHUPP related to John SCHUPP? Are you a descendant of this SCHUPP family who can throw any light on the subject?

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SCHUPP family of WORKSOP
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 06 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There is a Mary Schupp on the 1871 census born 1860 Germany living in Great Bolton Lancashire with her family. They could be cousins if the 2 heads of the families were brothers. This is impossible to tell from this data as they must have arrived between 1861 and 1871. There are no Schupps on the 1861 census.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genichild

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 06 22:13 GMT (UK) »
The Mary SCHUPP that I am talking about was born in about 1845.

Offline Steven Hancock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 May 06 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi i`ve been to Worksop Priory cemetary today looking at grave stones and i noticed a Gravestone with SCHUPP on it and i thought that`s a german name didn`t look at it too closely so i thought i`d let you know if you want to go and see it.

Steve