Author Topic: Irish Immigrants from Co. Down to Cumberland  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Ex-pat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Irish Immigrants from Co. Down to Cumberland
« on: Wednesday 29 September 04 14:17 BST (UK) »
How can I find the families of Immigrants with a not so common name, from County Down to Cumberland in the 1850s or there abouts?
David

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Immigrants from Co. Down to Cumberland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 September 04 14:23 BST (UK) »
Will this Griffiths Valuation link be any use to you?

http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/browse/records/land/grva.htm

On that site you can also do a surname search to find out where the Surname was known to be in Ireland:

http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/surname/index.cfm

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 October 04 18:58 BST (UK) »
Cumbria F.H.S The Cumbria Family History Society   Our area of interest is the modern county of Cumbria, which consists of the whole of the pre-1974 counties of Cumberland and Westmorland, together with the part of Lancashire lying to the north of Morecambe Bay (North Lonsdale) and the West Riding parish of Sedbergh

Try this site. I don't know their web address but try Google

I think that they have may be able to help you

Cheers
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 October 04 19:01 BST (UK) »
I forgot to ask what name are you researching?

Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline Ex-pat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 April 05 13:57 BST (UK) »
Sorry for not contacting you sooner, but was distracted by news from Canada on another part of the family.
The name I'm interested in is Kenmare, or one its variations.
i.e. Kenmure, Kenmore, Kenmuir, Kenmire, Kenmine.
There are others, but this will give you an idea.
Robert Kenmure was born in County Down in 1837, possibly Kilkeel.
ex-pat

Offline julied

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 August 06 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Ex-Pat, I'm probably grasping at straws here but I have an Agnes Kenmuir b 1799 Leswalt, Wigtown, parents Charles b abt 1776 Kirkolm and Janet/Jean Agnew b abt 1770.
Any connection?

Cheers
Julie
AGNEW - BENTLEY -  BUCHANAN - CAMERON - CHEATER - CRAIG - DAVIS - GALBRAITH - HOLE - JONES - KENMUIR - KENNEDY-  LEATE - LILLEY - McWILLIAM - MILNE - ROWLANDS - SAUNDERS - SKERRATT - TODD
AUSTEN - BALDRY - BARLOW - BEALE - BRIMLEY - BRUTNALL -  BUTLIN - CHILD - CHILDS - EVERITT - FEWELL -  FITZGERALD - GOOLD - GOSPER -  - HIPWELL - HUBBARD - LEWIS - MARSDEN - PERRIN - RAYNER - REYNOLDS - STERLING - STEVENS - TWIN - TURNER - WANT- WILSON - WORTON