Author Topic: Ringrose  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Charlie1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Ringrose
« on: Saturday 25 February 06 16:15 GMT (UK) »
I am researching Charles Ringrose and Mary Ellen Davies who were married in Newport in 1906.  Mary was the daughter of John Davies of Bassleg, and Charles Ringrose was in the Royal Artillery.  Charles Ringrose has been hard to trace, he appears to have no history before 1891, when he listed as a driver in RA at Woolwich.  Charles and Mary had 2 girls, Daisy and Alice, and they both worked at Abercarn tin works.  There was a boy, Lewis Charles Ringrose who died in 1909.
Ringrose,  (Hertford, Buckden) Catling, Gardner (shoreditch, Bethnal Green)
Sayer, Clarke(Exeter, Crediton))
Smith, Davies, Hewlett/Hewlatt, Woodhouse (Abercarn/Cwmcarn, Monmouthshire),
Jones, James, Holttom, Biggs, (Donnington, Stow on Wold, Lechlade, Didmarton))
 Wiltshire, Taylor, Reynolds, England, (Mangotsfield, Bitton, Winterbourne)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ringrose
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 06 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlie1

Sorry you have had no replies to this post.

What can we help you with, or are you hoping to find relatives?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Charlie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 06 20:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you

I have been to the national archives and found Charles Ringroses attestation papers.  We now have more information, but only a small clue to who he was.  He does not name his parents as next of kin, and his date of birth is not stated, only in that he was 18years and 8 months of age when he joined up on 4th April 1889.  (July 1870 ish)  He names his sisters Mary Ringrose of 62 Feather St, Kingsland Road (Hackney?) and Caroline of Stoke Newington.  There is also a scrawl that we think says 'Mrs Ward Stoke Newington'  (Perhaps Caroline's married name?  Charles states he was born in the parish of Bethnal Green, but I can't find any one of that name on the BMD, or Caroline or Mary, and I can't find them on the 1881 census either.  He was transferred to Newport Barracks in 1902, married in 1906, died in 1910.   I have posted some of the London information on the Middlesex board.

Any help or suggestions of how to proceed will be much appreciated

Thanks

Charlie

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 April 06 21:08 BST (UK) »
This is your other thread then:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,132982.msg603845.html#msg603845

You have different information on the two threads, so it is useful to cross-reference them.

Will  have a look for you now.

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 16:45 BST (UK) »
There is also a scrawl that we think says 'Mrs Ward Stoke Newington' 

Hi Charlie1

If you're not sure about this and/or any other scrawls then you could always post the relevant portions on here so as others could take a look and give another opinion or two :)

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Charlie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 20:38 BST (UK) »
Thankyou

We have decifered the line to be 'next of kin' .... 'Sister Mary Ringrose, 62 Feather St, Kingsland Road, brother John ....unknown; Caroline .... (Mrs Ward), 17 Dunn St, Shacklewell Lane, Stoke Newington.'  A line has been drawn through this to insert his 'wife ... Mary Ellen with husband'  after Charles' marriage in 1906.

The problem is that I cannot find these siblings in any census.  I have had a reply on the London rootschat board, and there was a Mrs. Caroline Ward living at 17 Dunn Street, but no proof she was ever a Ringrose on the BMD.  The husband was Joseph Ward.  My ggranddad is such a mystery - he has no past!