Author Topic: Thomas Williamson, Annan and Chorlton  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Thowdfettler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Williamson, Annan and Chorlton
« on: Saturday 25 February 06 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Am looking to find Thomas and Agnes Wiilliamson on 1841 and 1851 census.
I have them on 1861 and 1881 at 20 Ogilvie St.  Chorlton on Medlock,  Manchester.    Both these records show him as a joiner and give them as being born in 1815 and 1817 respectively but only list birth place as Scotland.   I believe that both came from Annan, Dumfriesshire. Scotland and indeed made this move prior to the birth of their first son James in 1839.
I have records of banns being posted on 22nd May 1835 in Lochmaben and Morton by Thornhill, both being villages local to Annan, but have been unable to find actual records of the marriage.  This would suggest to me that each came from one of each two villages.

Question,  could Banns have been posted in Scotland but unlike the normal, marriage took place in England.

As there are several Thomas Williamson's in and around Annan at this time, I need to find this document in order to identify my Thomas and find the parents names.  Any help would be most appreciated.
Willamson, Morton, Annan/Dumfries/Chorlton on Medlock/Hulme/Manchester
Jardine, Applegarth/Dumfries/Chorlton on Medlock/Hulme/Manchester
Little, Dumfries/Chorlton
Metcalfe. Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire/Ingleton Yorkshire
Smalley. Blackburn,
Dyce, Inverurie, Aberdeen
Lobban, Inverurie, Aberdeen
Smith, Inverurie, Aberdeen
Gordon, Inverurie, Aberdeen
Milne, Bucksburn, Aberdeen
Watt, Aberdeen
Houston, Paisley/Renfrew
Simpson. Clayton le Moors/Accrington/Earby/Yorkshire

Offline Bonnietas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Williamson, Annan and Chorlton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hello here, I know it is a long time since your post but I only came across it today.  I am a descendant of Thomas and Agnes.  I have the 1841 census for them and a birth record for both  Thomas and Agnes.  I have not found the 1851 census for them either.  They moved from Scotland to England shortly after the birth of their first child in 1836.  Their second child was born in England in 1838.
I wont provide much more info here today in case you no longer are contactable through Rootschat.  Regards Bonnie
Richardson, Williamson, Jardine, Kearley

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:22 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, the OP hasn't logged in to Rootschat since August 2008. You could try sending them a Personal Message by clicking on their name and following the prompts.  :-\

Offline Bonnietas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 July 17 07:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ruskie, I thought that might be the case which is why I didn't post too much.  Appreciate you letting me know.  Kind regards...Bonnie
Richardson, Williamson, Jardine, Kearley