Author Topic: Does anyone know?  (Read 8255 times)

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Does anyone know?
« on: Sunday 25 January 04 17:10 GMT (UK) »
 ::)Does anyone know if the headstone inscriptions for Greenlaw cemetary are online.Thankyou Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline Bone

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re:Does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 March 04 06:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne, I know that McGregor's Bookshop 35 The Square, Kelso, Roxburghshire Tel 01573 225309 sells small books (seven pounds each of Berwickshire parishes) Scootish Borders Monumental Inscriptions. They are on the web. They have Greenlaw MI as well as others.
Hope that this helps. Will talk to you soon
Kindest regards, Douglas Bain

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:Does anyone know?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 March 04 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Douglas,i didnt know that.I think your the Douglas i am in contact with by e mail regarding the Bain Research,along with Ann Oliver and Sandra Lynch.Thankyou again Douglas Anne. :)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 May 05 15:05 BST (UK) »
Anne...what names and time frame are you looking for in Greenlaw cemetery?
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 May 05 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi thankyou for your offer of help.I am looking for the name Darrie any time at all will do in any cemetary in the borders region.If you can help at all i would be very grateful.Anne.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 May 05 01:13 BST (UK) »
sice you and KPM are bothdoing Cockburn and Darry.I will post info on ....Birth/Marriage in Dunse by KPM....
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 May 05 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi i am not doing the Cockburn line.The names related to my Darries
Bain
Fortune
Cowe
Houlistone
Turnbull
Dodds
Morrison
Fiddes
Kirkcaldy
If you can help in any way with these names i would be very gratefull,i know they all came from the borders regions.I am stuck with Thomas Darrie and his wife Janet Kirkcaldy,they would have been married early 1800s as their son George was born in 1816.It would be nice if i could find their gravestone inscription,i might get some info from that.Anyway thankyou for your offer of help.Anne.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 May 05 02:24 BST (UK) »
could you put given names to the above surnames and who goes with who and aprox,dates and possibles places if possible.I will see what I can do as time permits.

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 September 05 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,i wonderd if your kind offer of help was still available for the Darries from the borders.The 2 i am mainly interested in are Thomas Darrie born late 1700s and his wife Janet Kirkcaldy,i have no idea what graveyard they might be buried in and the only info i have on them is born late 1700s married around 1820 and probably died around aged 70 years old.I cant find any Kirkcaldy reference for the borders so i dont think Janet came from this area but i am sure Thomas Darrie did.If you can help in any way i would be very grateful.Anne.