Author Topic: Esther Wayman in willingham  (Read 2839 times)

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Esther Wayman in willingham
« on: Monday 06 March 06 14:52 GMT (UK) »
My great-great-grandparents were Francis Elsom and Esther Wayman who married in Willingham in 1858. Francis was born in 1837, but I can't find a birth for Esther. Can some kind person please look up Esther Wayman's birth about 1837 in Willingham?

Thank you very much in advance,
Simon Rollitt

Offline Kaysy

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Wayman in willingham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have the Parish Records for Willingham on microfiche I have searched a good few years either side of 1837 from 1835 to 1850 and can find no mention of Esther Wayman. On the 8.12.1831 there were 4 baptisms at Willingham for Waymen's, one was 5 years of age and another was aged 2. this is why I checked either way of 1837.  I also checked on the family in the 1851 census for Esther, she was the only child mentioned aged 14, so as you thought born c. 1837. I noticed her mother Elizabeth was born Swavesey, so as I have the Parish records on microfiche for Swavesey I thought they may have taken her there to be baptised,
no luck there either. Did notice that both Francis and Esther were both underage at their marriage.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Regards Kaysy.
Buckinghamshire. Gt Marlow. Harris, Rockall/ell, Rackstraw, Frith, Howard, Martin. Bedfordshire. Clophill, Flitton with Silsoe. White, Parslow, Denton, Woodcraft, Waple. Hampshire. Huish. Surrey Kingston on Thames, Parslow. Cambridgeshire. Over, Willingham. Ginn, Hayden.

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 06:49 GMT (UK) »
That's a tremendous help! Thank you very much for doing the research and replying too.

Simon

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 08:38 GMT (UK) »
In Willingham, Thomas Wayman and Elizabeth had:
- Mary (c.17 Jan 1830)
- Jane (c.18 Dec 1831)

There are no other children mentioned on the IGI batches, but there probably were including Esther born either in early 1837 or before.

This Thomas was possibly the one who married Elizabeth Macaness on 9 Nov 1831 in either Offard D'Arcy or Croxton, Cambs. Therefore, Thomas and Elizabeth could be Esther's parents.

All supposition, but possible - what do you think?

Offline Kaysy

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Happy to know I have been able to help in some way. I have just shecked on the 1841 census for Thomas and Elizabeth Wayman, besides daughters Mary & Jane there is Esther aged 4.
There are also several other Waymans listed on the 1841 census, if you require details of them let me know.
My wifes ancestors the Hayden's and the Fews all came from Willingham, my wife was born in Over, next to Willingham.

Regards, Kaysy.
Buckinghamshire. Gt Marlow. Harris, Rockall/ell, Rackstraw, Frith, Howard, Martin. Bedfordshire. Clophill, Flitton with Silsoe. White, Parslow, Denton, Woodcraft, Waple. Hampshire. Huish. Surrey Kingston on Thames, Parslow. Cambridgeshire. Over, Willingham. Ginn, Hayden.