Author Topic: CLAYDEN/CLAYDON all in Essex  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Annemarie Shuttle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
CLAYDEN/CLAYDON all in Essex
« on: Sunday 03 October 04 00:03 BST (UK) »
Hi all if anyone has any Clayden/Claydon's they would like to share, as i am trying my hardest to trace all the Essex branches a little help would be appreciated. I have just about searched the whole of the 1861 to give me ideas of which parishes to search.
I have already gathered a fair bit of information.
The only branch i believe i have covered nearly completely is the White Roding lot where my family originate but cannot get any further back than James born abt 1765.
I have others for Earls Colne, Stebbing, Dedham, High Easter, Finchingfield, Bocking, Romford and a few others, so anyone needing any help just give me a shout and i will try my hardest
Claydon(all)
/Shuttle/Dabbs/Hobbs/Jackson/Oblein/Flack/Watling/Chaplin/Hale(s)/Fewel/Heard/Coram/Gregory/Chumbley/Wright/Chivers/
Dowsett and many more..........

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CLAYDEN/CLAYDON all in Essex
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 October 04 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have records of several families in the Clavering and Berden areas of Essex.  If your research takes you there get in touch.

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 October 04 08:15 BST (UK) »
ok Sue will do, but do you have any information for me to go on?
Claydon(all)
/Shuttle/Dabbs/Hobbs/Jackson/Oblein/Flack/Watling/Chaplin/Hale(s)/Fewel/Heard/Coram/Gregory/Chumbley/Wright/Chivers/

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 October 04 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm not looking for any information.  This is at the very "edge" of my tree and is the result of researching the Stone family in Berden Essex.

However, if you have need to follow any family in this direction, I have a lot of Clayden families in my "not related" database from the Berden and Clavering area.  Give me the details and I will see what I can do,

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 October 04 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
Anything you can give me will be a help I noticed while trawling the 1861 census yesterday quite a few Claydon's in the area and I suspect they were originally from Wimbish but obviously needs more research to prove this.
You can send anything you have to annemarie.shuttle@virgin.net

do you need any of the Stones from Clavering/ Berden in the 1861/1871 and 1891 censuses?
Let me know through my email address and later when i have time anything you need from the censuses I will do for you for those areas and any other you know of.

Thank you
Claydon(all)