Author Topic: MEAD  (Read 5182 times)

Offline kalemar

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MEAD
« on: Tuesday 07 March 06 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Jane MEAD bapt 20 September 1820 at LYTHE m Robert WARD at CLOUGHTON on 25 November 1843.  Her parents were William Mead and Dorothy LAWSON m 24 March 1818 at LYTHE.
ALLAN; AUDAS; BARUGH/BURROW; BRANTINGHAM; BROADRIGGE; BRUCE; CAMPION; CHANDLER; CHAPMAN; DOBSON; EDDON; FRANK; GAMBSBY/GAMSBY/GAMESBY; GARBUTT; HANSELL; HARLAND; HART; HARWOOD; HILL; HOLLIDAY; HOLLINGS; HOPPER; JOLLY; KIRSOP; KNAGGS; LAWSON; MARSHALL; MAYSON; MEAD; NESHAM; ORROW; PETTY; PHILLIPS; RICHARDSON; ROBSON; ROGERS; RYPLEY; SHAW; SIMPSON; SPOURS; STANFORTH; THI(U)RLBECK; THOMPSON; WALKER; WARD; WARDILL; WATSON; WELSH; WILLIAMSON; WILKINSON; YOUNGER

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: MEAD
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 April 06 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Kalemar

What are you wanting to know?

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 April 06 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Ticker.  Sorry - this is a bit vague.  That's what comes from working into the night!  Just looking for interested parties really.

Bernard
ALLAN; AUDAS; BARUGH/BURROW; BRANTINGHAM; BROADRIGGE; BRUCE; CAMPION; CHANDLER; CHAPMAN; DOBSON; EDDON; FRANK; GAMBSBY/GAMSBY/GAMESBY; GARBUTT; HANSELL; HARLAND; HART; HARWOOD; HILL; HOLLIDAY; HOLLINGS; HOPPER; JOLLY; KIRSOP; KNAGGS; LAWSON; MARSHALL; MAYSON; MEAD; NESHAM; ORROW; PETTY; PHILLIPS; RICHARDSON; ROBSON; ROGERS; RYPLEY; SHAW; SIMPSON; SPOURS; STANFORTH; THI(U)RLBECK; THOMPSON; WALKER; WARD; WARDILL; WATSON; WELSH; WILLIAMSON; WILKINSON; YOUNGER

Offline origins

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 February 07 11:49 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Kalemar,

Just came upon your message about Jane Mead.  I have the Meads, Lawsons and Rodgers all from Lythe and Whitby in my family tree.  My  greatgrandmother born 1856 was Jane Mead.  I think she was the daughter of William Mead.

Do you have any info on the families?

Val
Rodgers; Smith; Banks; Lawson; Mead; Horseley; Firth: Whitby, Lythe,Loftus, North Yorkshire.
Harker,Swales, Stephenson: Stokesley, Stockton,  South Bank, Middlesbrough Yorkshire.
Tapp, Nosworthy: Devon & Middlesex, London

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,

Are you the Val I have just replied to regarding Rogers of Lythe?

Jane Mead, baptized 20 September 1820 at Lythe, was the daughter of William Mead and Dorothy Lawson.  She married Robert Ward and, thereby, became the GG Grandmother of my wife.  Jane had a brother William, born ca 1818 so this William could have been the father of your Jane, born ca 1856 given that she was a younger child of a reasonably large family.  I can give you a little more detail if you think we are talking about the same family.  My direct email is Email address removed by moderator to prevent spam - please contact by personal message

Best wishes,  Bernard

Offline johnbarleycorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bernard and Val,

I am directly descended from Dorothy Lawson's father, William Lawson b1753. The only information I have on the Meads is the marriage of Dorothy and William Mead in 1818, and what looks like a baptism of a child of Dorothy's before wedlock, Richard Lawson baptised 1816 in Lythe.

I believe we are already in touch via email Bernard, so if Val or anyone else is interested in what I have on the Lawsons I'd be happy to oblige.

Offline kalemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Help me John!  I can't find any email from you.  Apologies in advance if I am missing something.

Bernard

Offline origins

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 March 07 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

I haven't done a lot of work on my Lawsons and Meads.  I'm the greatgrand daughter of  John Rodgers(Rogers) born Whitby 1857 and Jane Mead born Eskdaleside 1856. Jane's father was William Mead born Lythe abt 1821.  Her mother was Elizabeth.  Don't know if they fit in with your Meads.

In regard to the Lawsons, my gggrandparents were Robert Smith born Whitby 1846 and Sarah Jane Lawson born Lythe 1848.  Haven't done any more on her.  Maybe you can help.

Val
Rodgers; Smith; Banks; Lawson; Mead; Horseley; Firth: Whitby, Lythe,Loftus, North Yorkshire.
Harker,Swales, Stephenson: Stokesley, Stockton,  South Bank, Middlesbrough Yorkshire.
Tapp, Nosworthy: Devon & Middlesex, London

Offline johnbarleycorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 01 March 07 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,

I have rather a lot of Lawsons from around Lythe but didn't yet have Sarah Jane - most of my details came from the earlier Lythe records, so I don't have a great deal from 1837 onwards. I've just had a look on the IGI and see a Sarah Jane Lawson baptised Lythe 5 Dec 1847, daughter of John and Jane Lawson. Do you know anything of her parents John and Jane? I have a couple potential John Lawsons from Lythe in my tree.

JB.