Author Topic: Edward Beedle and Margaret Humphreys  (Read 7899 times)

Offline rrtrrt95603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edward Beedle and Margaret Humphreys
« on: Thursday 09 March 06 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Edward Beedle Sr. born c. 1800 in Llandinam, Montgomeryshire, Wales married Margaret Humphreys c. 1800. Edward was born in Wales where he spent his entire life. He was a farm worker and made regular trips to England where he worked the harvest season regularly. He married Margaret and had a large family that included Evan and Stephen, who emigrated to the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA in 1851 and 1853 respectively. Edward Sr. was born in and lived in Llanidloes, Wales as did Margaret Humphreys. They were married in St. Idloes Church by banns, with consent of their parents, March 24, 1817, by John Davies, Vicar. Edward signed, but Margaret made her mark. The witnesses were John Humphreys and Richard Lewis, the latter being the parish clerk. Their children with the exception of Evan, were christened in St. Idloes Church.
Children:     
1. Edward Beedle; b June 20, 1817
2. John Beedle ; b February 3, 1820
3. Mary Beedle ; b October 23, 1822
4. Stephen Beedle ; b March 26, 1825
5. Richard Beedle ; b October 14, 1826
6. Elizabeth Beedle ; b September 7, 1829
7. Margaret Beedle ;  b January 25, 1829
8. Evan Beedle  ; February 04, 1835
9. George Beedle ; b February 3, 1836
10. Jane Beedle ; b December 7, 1838

Any information regarding these families will be appreciated.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Beedle and Margaret Humphreys
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 March 06 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :D

Have you found any of the family members on the UK census returns?  If not, I  can look them up for you.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 March 06 14:38 GMT (UK) »
A search of the IGI using batch no C082701 for Llanidloes, shows the following christening dates:

All children of Edward and Margaret Beedle and all Llanidloes:

• Margaret February 1832
  • Stephen 20 April 1825
  • Richd 4 November 1826
  • John 28 February 1820
  • Mary 16 November 1822

This might be completely useless, but thought I'd type it just in case ;)

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline rrtrrt95603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 March 06 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I have not found folks how I am confident about their being relatives let alone ancestors. The following are some possibilites I have looked at:

1. Evan Beedle lodger in HOMFRAY HOME 1851 WALES CENSUS - Bedwelthy
2. Edward and Margaret Beedle 1851 WALES CENSUS - MAYBE Mont. Aberdare?
3. not my edward and margaret 1891 wales census - llanidloes
4. edward and margaret 1881 wales census - llanidloes

Thanks for any help you can give.
Richard

Offline rrtrrt95603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 March 06 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
I have been trying to resolve with family memeber that gave the birthdate of the children as I had also seen the family you noted. I expecting relies soon. The names you list sure do look like the correct names and location.
Thanks

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 March 06 15:15 GMT (UK) »
I did notice, while searching the IGI that there appears to be another BEEDLE couple with quite a long list of children, but they are Edward Beedle and Margaret EVANS - I suppose you'll have to make sure that there's no confusion there.  It is so easily done - it's happened to me with my JONES research.

I'll have a look through the census and see what I can find.

Jan

Offline rrtrrt95603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 March 06 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks
I know what you mean about Jones. My grand mother was a Jones from West Virginia USA. There were not only a LOTS of them but cousins made a habit of marrying and twisting the family lines. The earliest Jones I could find was a Benjamin in Maryland USA aound 1700.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 March 06 15:10 GMT (UK) »
I am still searching the census for your BEEDLE family - they are hard to find!!!!  I'll let you know if I find anything.

Jan

Offline rrtrrt95603

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 March 06 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,
I have also not found them as yet. I see some Bedle and Beadle spellings as well. Once I was having no success using the search routine on Ancestry.com to find a family and finally found them only after I went census image page by page for the districts they lived in. Maybe I will have to that here as well here. I did find one later entry for a Bedle in a Homfray home. That may be close to actual relatives.
Anyway, Thanks again for your work on this for me.
Richard