Author Topic: major challenge,in australia, fancy taking it on  (Read 4326 times)

Offline niftynita

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Great GPs, 2 children (incl my GF seated) 1912
    • View Profile
Re: major challenge,in australia, fancy taking it on
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 March 06 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Kali
I live in Brisbane and could check the PO Directory / Land Titles of the 1970s for the Monto area.  The PO Directory is  held at the State LIbrary of Qld, although I won't be going over there until probably late April or up to mid May  (I have had knee surgery and its hard to drive that distance at this stage).   
If you haven't had any luck in the meantime, please let me know and I'll have a look for you. 
Regards Anita 
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and am always searching for the following in Aust & UK:
DORSET - Moore, Reeks;  WILTSHIRE - Chalk, Elkins; HAMPSHIRE - Chalk, Hack;  DERBYSHIRE - Chadwick;
CUMBERLAND - Armstrong, Pearson;  LONDON/KENT AREA - Frith, Knight; YORKSHIRE - Street (WR), Pearson (NR); SOMERSET - Pickford; 
GLOUCESTERSHIRE - Shearman, Tarling;   SCOTLAND - Street, Low, McNab.

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 March 06 17:41 BST (UK) »
Anita, thank you for your kind offer but i would not expect anyone to go to that trouble for the info i am looking for especialy someone with med prob's, the only reason i posted the enquiry was , it is a little niggling thing that has bothered me for over twenty years now and it has just been driving me crazy, but it is just to much of a long shot to be bothering others with, so again thank you very much for your offer but i don't think it is worth putting you to all that trouble, hooroo and all the best with your knee so you can be nifty again,  kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 March 06 04:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Kali
NAA has record two TAYLOR men who enlisted WW2 in Monto QLD - it looks to me as if each gave the other as their next of Kin, and they both appear to have been born in the same place in the UK ie: Barry Dock, Wales (not far from Cardiff) - infortunately the record is not Open so you can't order a digi-copy of it on line - but maybe it's a wee clue to consider?

Thomas John TAYLOR born 25/8/1897 Barry, Wales - Next of Kin: John TAYLOR
John Douglas TAYLOR born 9 Dec 1900 Barry Dock, Wales - Next of Kin: Thomas TAYLOR.

Go here:
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/ResearcherScreen.asp

And search Keywords: MONTO TAYLOR

Cheers
Anne

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 31 March 06 04:40 BST (UK) »

1901 Wales

1 Sydenham St Barry Glam

RG13/4993 Folio 137 Page 14

Henry Conroy 63 Bristol Boarder
James Taylor 53 Great Oakley Essex Head Boatman (barge)
Jane Taylor 35 Cardiff Glamorgan Wife
William H Taylor 11 Barry Glamorgan Son
Susan E Taylor 9 Barry Glamorgan Daughter
James G Taylor 7 Barry Glamorgan Son
Thomas Taylor 3 Son Barry Glamorgan
Alexander Taylor 1 Barry Glamorgan Son
John Taylor 4mths Barry Glamorgan Son

Annie  :)
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 31 March 06 10:22 BST (UK) »
you lovely people ,
                                you dont know how pleased i am i have waited for this for a long long time i havn't even looked at the link yet but am very exited you see i live in barryso i know you have it right,i will let you know how far i get, thank you , thank you all,   kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline niftynita

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Great GPs, 2 children (incl my GF seated) 1912
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 31 March 06 12:37 BST (UK) »
Anita, thank you for your kind offer but i would not expect anyone to go to that trouble for the info i am looking for especialy someone with med prob's, the only reason i posted the enquiry was , it is a little niggling thing that has bothered me for over twenty years now and it has just been driving me crazy, but it is just to much of a long shot to be bothering others with, so again thank you very much for your offer but i don't think it is worth putting you to all that trouble, hooroo and all the best with your knee so you can be nifty again,  kali.

Hi Kali,
No problem, it would only have been a matter of looking up a couple of books, probably only take half hour when you know where to look.   I am getting a lot better now though, just wouldn't be able to sit at the library all day yet (like I normally do!!).  Maybe in a couple of months?? 
However, now I read that you may have got some clues from others, so I'm pleased for you.  Still, the offer is open ......   
Hope you get some answers finally!   
Regards nita
 8)

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and am always searching for the following in Aust & UK:
DORSET - Moore, Reeks;  WILTSHIRE - Chalk, Elkins; HAMPSHIRE - Chalk, Hack;  DERBYSHIRE - Chadwick;
CUMBERLAND - Armstrong, Pearson;  LONDON/KENT AREA - Frith, Knight; YORKSHIRE - Street (WR), Pearson (NR); SOMERSET - Pickford; 
GLOUCESTERSHIRE - Shearman, Tarling;   SCOTLAND - Street, Low, McNab.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 31 March 06 20:32 BST (UK) »
Ahh A Warm Fuzzy moment  ;D I'm excited for you too !
Kali, I would also email the library at Monto - Monto has a small population and you may strike a librarian who is a) local with lots of know-do and /or b) is a Genealogy addict who loves a challenge !! An email is here with the name of the Librarian :

http://www.monto.qld.gov.au/contact/library.htm

Looking at that NAA record - there is the button/link you can useto  request NAA examine the closed files "for sensitivities" and "open it" - the fact both men if alive now would be well over 100 may be helpful to you. Also I think the indexed entries indicate they were possibly enlisted in some form of Home Guard - like a Dad's Army!

Cheers  :D
Anne
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 April 06 00:03 BST (UK) »
nita thank you for that and i do appreciate the offer, but here in wales 50 miles isa long way to travel so i do not exspect you to travel anywhere on my behalf, if you do come up with something on the way please let me know, i appreciate what you have done for me already, and more to the point how is hubby, hope everything is o.k.  kali.

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 01 April 06 00:06 BST (UK) »
ambly, have you thought of changing your name to sherlock how did you get that info, you have started me of on a whole new track, thanks a million.  kali.