Author Topic: Northalleron Look-Up in Reeth, Brotton and Grinton  (Read 834 times)

Offline brandsberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Northalleron Look-Up in Reeth, Brotton and Grinton
« on: Monday 20 March 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
I would be very grateful if you are doing research in the area if you would look-up the birth record for John Henry Cherry b. Brotton 13-Oct-1873/72 the year 73 is on his records, but 72 is on his gravestone.

And George Cherry b. abt. 1821 Reeth, Grinton Parish, Yorkshire, England his father, we think. George was married to Hannah Rogers b. Bishop, Auckland, Durham England
m. (2) St Anne's Church, Bishop Auckland, on 16 December 1855, rec. C2/1/11

I want to confirm John's birth date as that is a known to make sure this is the correct John in our family and to make sure the rest of the information is accurate before proceeding forward.

Can you help me?
John, George, Hannah Cherry

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Northalleron Look-Up in Reeth, Brotton and Grinton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 March 06 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You have posted a Yorkshire query on the Lancashire board.

I have looked at the GRO birth index for the December quarters of 1872 and 1873 and there is no entry for a John Henry Cherry.

In case his birth was registered late, I also checked the March quarters of 1873 and 1874

In the December qtr of 1872 there was a John Edward Cherry registered in Leeds

In the December qtr of 1873 was a John Cherry in Guisborough

You can now search the full GRO index yourself free of charge at

www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx.  Choose SEARCH THE FULL IMAGES (BETA)

The partial index (freebmd) can also be searched on the same website or at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)