Author Topic: Northumberland 1861 Census - LOWES  (Read 854 times)

Offline scrumsrus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mainly from both sides of Scottish Borders & Fife
    • View Profile
Northumberland 1861 Census - LOWES
« on: Wednesday 06 October 04 22:26 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Heron / Herman / Aaron LOWES, in the 1861 Census, his birth was registered July - September 1849 at Rothbury.  I believe that he would be living in the West of Northumberland, Upper Coquet area.   

I hope that this is enough information, if not just give me a shout, cheers.

Thanks In Advance for your help.
Andy.s[/b][/color]
Direct surnames: Stuart, Lowes, Welsh/Welch, Purvis, Robertson, Scott, Halkerston, Middlemoss, Stothert, Brown, Arnot, Mather, Wilson, Kirkaldy, Hamilton, Geggie, Wood, Huntley, Parker, Pigas,  Hunter, Close, Douglas, Young, Robb, Hannah, Fraser, Brydon, Hill, Harrison, Paterson, Hall, Bell, McQuaker, Edgar, McKeand, Bruce, Cumming & variants of all the above and many other less direct relatives.

Offline cloe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland 1861 Census - LOWES
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 May 05 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy
I'm hunting round this lot too. I found in 1861 census

at Grt Tossson/ ryhill ,  Hurn dob 1850 corsenside with his mum ellen,sister ellen and mary . this address is his aunts another elizabethI found him in 1881 as Herman at Sharpenhoe. he disappears in 1901 as all I can find is Elizabeth his wife now Dalgleish and son Robert,   if this is the one mail me.

Cloe

Offline scrumsrus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mainly from both sides of Scottish Borders & Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 May 05 10:53 BST (UK) »
Spot On Cloe.  ;D

Well Done.

Are you linked to this family at all ???

If so I think I can help you.

Regarding "Heron" I have a family legand that says he was crushed by a horse while working at Charity Hall.  I have not obtained the death cetificate yet but everything looks right for this being true.

Regards
Andy Stuart.
Direct surnames: Stuart, Lowes, Welsh/Welch, Purvis, Robertson, Scott, Halkerston, Middlemoss, Stothert, Brown, Arnot, Mather, Wilson, Kirkaldy, Hamilton, Geggie, Wood, Huntley, Parker, Pigas,  Hunter, Close, Douglas, Young, Robb, Hannah, Fraser, Brydon, Hill, Harrison, Paterson, Hall, Bell, McQuaker, Edgar, McKeand, Bruce, Cumming & variants of all the above and many other less direct relatives.

Offline cloe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 May 05 11:33 BST (UK) »
I'm a Lowes . I'm trying to find my links
I'm  nicholas dob 1794, his sons benjamin (i think) edward and nicholas
are mine have a load of stuff have ferreted off the census  all around corsenside ,woodside, flotteton etc.
I was up there last weekend, took photos. have an exel sheet of Lowes
Im looking to see if there is a link between your elleanors and my side . there must be somewhere cos they are  all around there.
mail direct e-mail address removed to prevent spamming - please use the personal message facility to exchange e-mail addresses - Thank you!
who  are your lot , how did you get to Elleanor and Hurn?
funny but my Grandfather,and father are Andrew