Author Topic: Griffiths  (Read 7786 times)

Offline gpaul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griffiths
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:02 BST (UK) »
I have posted another one regarding David Griffiths 1851 census for Llanginning,regards gpaul

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:33 BST (UK) »
Carino

Yes, I was a bit anxious about the re-use of the name John, but it does happen, particularly if the first one dies.

A remarriage would certainly explain the marriage to Jane CANTON and the fact that it is seemingly after the first child(ren) was born.  If funds permit, more than one cert would be informative.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:33 BST (UK) »
GPaul

Popping over to look at your other thread now!  8)

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 11:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Arranroots, it may take a while but I will let you know.

Thank you for all your help.  Carino

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 17 June 06 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots,

Sorry to get back to you so long from the last message, but you are correct,  William Griffiths didn't marry a Jane Canton I have now found out that it was a Jane Thomas, they were both servants in a household in St Florence, thats how they met, ( I am assuming ).

I mananged to get their daughter's birth certificate and that's where it states Jane's surname.

I hope you don't mind me writing to you but I just thought I let you know that you were correct.

Thank you
Rhian

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 17 June 06 14:31 BST (UK) »
Well - there's a first time for everything, LOL!!  ;D

These things are often guesses, but we do our best with the info that's available.  There is nothing like the certainty that a cert can bring!

Thanks for letting me know - it is lovely to get feedback!

Good luck with the rest of your searches.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)