Author Topic: Sherwood,Steep,Cole,Kilflyn Parish  (Read 2971 times)

Offline gemor01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sherwood,Steep,Cole,Kilflyn Parish
« on: Monday 27 March 06 04:34 BST (UK) »
Would like to know if anyone has an interst in these names.Trying to find a marriage of Samuel Sherwood and Catherine Steep about 1825.Steep and Cole were Palatine names so I am told.Thanks,George in Canada.

Offline w.shire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sherwood,Steep,Cole,Kilflyn Parish
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 06 10:07 BST (UK) »
Would like to know if anyone has an interst in these names.Trying to find a marriage of Samuel Sherwood and Catherine Steep about 1825.Steep and Cole were Palatine names so I am told.Thanks,George in Canada.

My name is William Sherwood born 1925 in Ballyriggan, Co,Limerick.Ireland,and i believe they would have been married in either St,Andrews Church of Ireland or in Kilflynn C of I.Three families of Steep,s now known as Steepe, lived in Ballyriggan in my young day,s, also a family of Cole,s, also in Ballyriggan. Hoping this is of some help to u  Bill Sherwood

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 September 06 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hiya gemor01,

Google Ian Steepe. He was well known in the Irish hockey world both as a player and a coach.
He might be a descendent of the Steep family in which you are interested.

Chris

Offline w.shire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 September 06 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hiya gemor01,

Google Ian Steepe. He was well known in the Irish hockey world both as a player and a coach.
He might be a descendent of the Steep family in which you are interested.

Chris

My name is William Sherwood born 1925 in Ballyriggan, Co,Limerick.Ireland,and i believe they would have been married in either St,Andrews Church of Ireland or in Kilflynn C of I.Three families of Steep,s now known as Steepe, lived in Ballyriggan in my young day,s, also a family of Cole,s, also in Ballyriggan. Hoping this is of some help to u Bill Sherwood
    Sorry correction should have been St,Andrews C of I Kilfinane or Kilflynn C of I .