Author Topic: CHILDS family of Waterford - Royal Fusiliers in Waterford c 1910?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Colin Y

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Uncle Fred - England 1908 - POW 1914-19 - Bilbao
    • View Profile
CHILDS family of Waterford - Royal Fusiliers in Waterford c 1910?
« on: Wednesday 29 March 06 16:39 BST (UK) »
Chris

Hello its you again!

About this time yesterday I put in place a query and as a result had an absolutely superb set of responses, advice and help from fellow Roots-chatters.

Here is another:

Nahneen Helen Yvonne CHILD is alledged to have been born in Waterford on 24th July 1892 (tho it is elsewhere suggested it may have been 1891! These ladies and their ageism ;-)

In 1914, in Paddington London, she wed an Englishman (a Lt in the Royal Fusiliers who I know had an Irish base) in a civil ceremony and then in the same Year in Paris, at Notre -Dame, a church service. All very romantic.

Sadly, within 3 years he had lost his life on the Somme.

She may have had a sister who married into the Power family, whether that was the brewers I would not know.

Can any kind soul with experitise and data on the waterford area offer me any data to confirm or finally discount the waterford origin? is the name nahneen known over there? I have never come accross it before and only once since with her daughter.

All thoughts apreciated!

Colin

YARWOOD in Warks/Ches but also London, Northants, Lincs, USA and Australia.
PENTLAND in Warks/Staffs/Yorks, Arm IRL: Chch NZ post 1884 and SCO pre 1800.
COLLINS aka COLLERIN , GALLAGHER & COX [RC] Highgate, Small Heath, Birmingham 1840-, Mayo IRL bef.
FRYER/FRIAR Lurgan Armagh, Edin & Glasgow SCO
BROOKES WH & WFP RA WW1 & 2
NEWSON & 'WATTS' Felixstow SFK, NZ,
HORTON, Surgn  Warwicks. FORTESCUE
PARKER, Charles, 1800-1853 Milit.Ornament Manuf. Aston, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham,

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: CHILDS family of Waterford - Royal Fusiliers in Waterford c 1910?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 January 08 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Colin,

I've not come across the name Nahneen.

Googling doesn't offer many people with that forename. 

Christopher