Author Topic: HOARE family in Hertford  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOARE family in Hertford
« on: Tuesday 04 April 06 21:58 BST (UK) »
I would like to find out more information on the HOARE family in Hertford between 1700-1800. I have 4 brothers. 2 died in Back st.(Richard and Thomas) 1 died in Bierton. (James)1 died in Much Hadham (Samuel) Their father was Edward Hoare and mother Sarah King.
I Think Richard was in the Militia
I think Thomas married a Jane Brant
I don't know why James went to Bierton
Samuel is my direct relation, he married Grace about 1794.I haven't been able to find their marriage. I would like to find her maiden name as on the 1841 census says she was not born in the British Ilses. he was a Yoeman farmer at Old Hall Farm, Kettle Green Rd, Hadham Cross. He died 1831.
If anyone has info on Grace, Back St Or the Hoare family in hertford I would greatly appreciate it
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Jaqi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HOARE family in Hertford
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 January 07 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found  for Sam. Hoare and Grace Edwards a marriage in 1792 at Westminster (St George Hanover Square) Middlesex.  Sorry I can't give exact date - hope this may help.

Herts and Essex area : Hine(s); Griggs; Ostler; Law; Bates; East;

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 January 07 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
That sounds fantastic as Samual was born in Hertford and was a Yeoman farmer in Much Hadham Herts but nearly all his children were married in various churches in Westminster. I didn't know why. His first born was in 1794 so it seems to be good. Samual was born in 1756 and had brothers Edward, Richard, James, Thomas. They were all born in Hertford too. Do you know if these were married in Westminster?
Am I able to see this entry online? Do you have the ref no so I can order the copy of the entry?
I am so thrilled I've been trying to find this for years.
Kind regards
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Jaqi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chelle

I had another look for the records of Samuels brothers to no avail.  I found Samuel and Grace on the Boyd's marriage index and unfortunately there is  no reference number.  However there are other Hoare marriages in the Westminster (st George Hanover Square) church but nothing for Thomas marrying a Jane Brant.

Regards

Jaqi
Herts and Essex area : Hine(s); Griggs; Ostler; Law; Bates; East;

Offline Chelle in a box

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for checking that.
I know that Samuel and his brothers were born in Hertford. Samuel had all his children in Much Hadham herts. Their daughter Harriot married in St Boltoph, another one married in St Martin in the fields, another at St George, Hanover Sq, a son married at St Martin in the Fields another daughter at St Marylebone another at St James Westminster another son married in Much Hadham, a daughter I don't think got married at all and a son Charles b 1795 that I know nothing about.
I checked for a Grace Edwards and there was one born in Braughing Herts. That is the same place that a Samuel married a Charlotte in 1789. So Grace could be his second wife as I'm sure Charlotte died and Samuel's first child was born 1794 to Grace. It all fits in nicely. Thankyou
HOARE Hertfordshire

Offline Jason Jase

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 April 22 04:32 BST (UK) »

The Samuel Hoare and Grace Edwards you speak of are my 4th Great grandparents so we are likely 1st cousins 5th times removed.  ;)

I know this is an old post I just stumbled across it...

you more than likely found it by now but
they were married 4 May 1792 Hanover Square, St George, Middlesex, England