Author Topic: Higgler  (Read 3016 times)

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Higgler
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 April 06 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Emmiline, 

God I pray you are right.  Think I'm better at giving than asking.  Miss independence you know.  Have been having such a lovely day too.
Have made contact with my very first Uk "cousin" and waffled on for too long.  Sent sagas 1 and 2 off, then tried a LOOOOOOOOOn saga 3  and over stepped the 5500  limit, (not that I knew there was one)  Its out there in cyber space somewhere.  Thought Well, I'll just print it out, cut in half and sent saga 3 then 4.  Computer and printer did not like that idea, so God knows where it is now.  Uk cos might have done the same thing.  I now have  5 lovely pages of 3/4's of his Email.

My next door neighbour is coming over tomorrow to show me how to cut and paste.  (That should be a lark)  Didn't tell her  but I think my daughter has already done that, and I still can't cut and paste. ??? :-[ :'(.  But they say you are never to  old to learn!!!!!.  Oh well, I might not be  computer literate, but hopefully I'm giving someone out there a good old laugh, or making someone fell good about their computer skills.  One saving grace is I can type, except when my brain is going too fast for my fingers.  LOL  Catch up soon Cheers Dale

[q

uote author=Emmeline link=topic=147327.msg674721#msg674721 date=1144839468]
Hi Dale - Rest assured it will all settle down and your brain won't be mush anymore
I was so confused when I first came on Rootschat I didn't know whether I was Arthur or Martha. ::) ::)
It will soon become p l a i n   s a i l i n g  and some of us are bound to be asking for your help before too long.

I am sorry my emails are not working.
CHAMBERLAIN, BOYCE, SPENCER, EVANS, FULLELOVE,PEAR,    NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY
MULLER,SCHMIDT,KNOLL,BRANDENBERG,MOHR,WAHRYOTTO,SCHULZ,SCHIEFELBEIN,AHNER,VANSTONE,CARR,PHARR,EASTERBROOK  QUEENSLAND,AUSTRALIA, GERMANY/PRUSSIA
STAPLETON, NSW , QLD,SA,AUST/UK
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 April 06 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Dale - I laughed at your continuing story yesterday. With you and not at you you understand !
Hate to think how many of my communications have gone  off into the ether and are still there somewhere.
We might be late starters with this computer business but we do eventually get the hang of it.
If it's not the computer causing problems it's the printer........... keep calm and have fun.   

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 April 06 16:33 BST (UK) »
Dear Emmiline,

Just a quick not to say hello.  Did a post on an Aus/German site few weeks ago, and  have hit the jackpot yet again.  I think I must be the luckiest of rootschatters.  Just recieved  Hundreds of new Names. Such a good feeling.  This means I can do some really serious UK searching now, and concentrate on just 2 or 3 lines.

Unless I can go back before 1831 in Germany.  At least now I have some towns to work with.
All my trees have 9 generations now.  Trying to crack the 10.  still lots of work to do re BDM's but at least I have the names.  Hope you have a lovely Easter.  Cheers Dale.
[q

uote author=Emmeline link=topic=147327.msg677275#msg677275 date=1144962571]
Hi Dale - I laughed at your continuing story yesterday. With you and not at you you understand !
Hate to think how many of my communications have gone  off into the ether and are still there somewhere.
We might be late starters with this computer business but we do eventually get the hang of it.
If it's not the computer causing problems it's the printer........... keep calm and have fun.   

I am sorry my emails are not working.
CHAMBERLAIN, BOYCE, SPENCER, EVANS, FULLELOVE,PEAR,    NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY
MULLER,SCHMIDT,KNOLL,BRANDENBERG,MOHR,WAHRYOTTO,SCHULZ,SCHIEFELBEIN,AHNER,VANSTONE,CARR,PHARR,EASTERBROOK  QUEENSLAND,AUSTRALIA, GERMANY/PRUSSIA
STAPLETON, NSW , QLD,SA,AUST/UK
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 April 06 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Dale - Pleased to hear you are having great success in your searching for family links.
Must say I don't do too badly myself - perhaps or in spite of the fact that not many of mine moved out of the confines of London.
Keep up the good work..............