Author Topic: farnham families  (Read 3410 times)

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
farnham families
« on: Friday 14 April 06 12:03 BST (UK) »
looking for scott, smither,spencer,taylor families in farnham mid C18.
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
Re: farnham families
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 April 06 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Chloed
Can you be a little bit more specific about what type of info you are seeking ? Births , Marriages. cencus etc and give us a few names and DOBs

Thanks

Joe  :)
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 April 06 07:25 BST (UK) »
sorry for being so vague
henry spencer married ann taylor 27/04/1760, farnham. 9 children that i know of , david 1760,daniel 1762, ann 1764, john 1770, chas. 1772, kitty 1774, jane 1776, henry and will. 1781.
daniel[ 1762] married fanny[1766] smither in 1784 at farnham, she was the daughter of stephen smither and mary scott who married 13/11/1762 farnham.
the above mentioned families  are linked to the marshall family of finchampstead in berks. I know there is a marriage between a spencer and a marshall in 1810, but the link starts before that , also a lot of widows in these families end up in eversley hants for some reason think there could be a link to halfacre family in eversley.
If anyone is researching the above families and could throw a little light , would make my day.
thank you
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 April 06 09:53 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at and posted your names in the surnames interests table?  There would seem to be possibilities in there.

The link is at the foot of the page.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk