Author Topic: PYE FAMILY NORWICH - ANY HELP  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
PYE FAMILY NORWICH - ANY HELP
« on: Wednesday 13 October 04 11:29 BST (UK) »
I AM TRYING TO TRACE THE BIRTH OF ISAAC PYE BORN AROUND 1804 IN NORWICH.

I KNOW HIS FATHER WAS ABRAHAM BUT I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ON ABRAHAM. I GOT HIS FATHERS NAME FROM HIS REMARRIAGE IN 1878 AT THE AGE OF 74.

ISAAC FIRSTLY MARRIED A SARAH WRIGHT AND THEY HAD SEVERALCHILDREN.

ISAAC1825
SARAH 1826
HANNAH 1828
BITHAH 1830
DAVID 1832
ABIGAIL 1834
CAROLINE 1836
GEORGE circa 1838
DINAH circa 1841
THOMAS circa 1844
BENJAMIN 1846

Hannah (1828) had an illegitimate child,also Hannah, in 1849, this child was taken on by Isaac and Sarah as their own. Hannah (1849) was my GG Grandmother. She married a Walter Whall, also from Norwich.

David (1832) married an Isabella Ellis and they moved north to Bradford and then Manchester and back to Bradford.

Any information on any of the above would be great.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline Marty P

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PYE FAMILY NORWICH - ANY HELP
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 October 04 17:09 BST (UK) »
Nicky,

I am Martin Pinner, from Los Angeles.  I am woking on my tree.  This Ann Pye (her amiden name, married as Lambert), was born in Suffolk, I think.  I attached my notes below.  So if she was born in 1790, maybe your Issac is a brother or something, just a guess ????.  I am stuck on her, I am not able to go back any futher. 

MY NOTES      "Listed as Ann Pye on the 1826 Christening record of Obediah Lambert.  Later in 1851 Census, listed as Anne Lambert, 62 years old, born in Wordwell, Suffolk, England.  Later found what may be her Christening record, listed the date as 19 December 1790, to John Pye and TAM."  END OF MY NOTES

Martin