Author Topic: Davidson,Payne,Armour Familys renfrew.?  (Read 2801 times)

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Davidson,Payne,Armour Familys renfrew.?
« on: Sunday 16 April 06 02:43 BST (UK) »
Happy Easter to  you all ;D
 This is the first time Ive been to your part of the country,and am a novice in this area!
Can anyone please help?
 I have -John Davies(davison?Davidson), ???married martha  payne,high church ,paisley 1832.They ,then moved over to Dunoon,and I have them in 1841 living in dunoon.
   Children of john and martha ,including  thomas pain davidson,my gggrandfather,His children included a child named Armour born in 1871 in australia.
  ive noticed a lot of payne families in this region,and also the armour families,I wonder if martha and john are connected with families in this area?
  Im clutching at straws,but you just never know.!!
 Thanks for your time ..HAPPY EASTER
          ...............chrissy.
Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline Roger Davidson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davidson,Payne,Armour Familys renfrew.?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 June 22 12:20 BST (UK) »
Thomas Pain Davidson was my great great grandfather. I live in Geelong in Victoria. He was active in the Victorian goldfields during the 1850-60 period including discovery of the Beehive Mine in Maldon. Was then a publican and farmer in East Gippsland. One of his sons was Amour Davidson, known as Thomas Amour Davidson. He was a publican too. There is much more to tell about the family.