Author Topic: Maud May Clark  (Read 3989 times)

Offline nz bob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Maud May Clark
« on: Friday 21 April 06 09:04 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on my grandmother Maud May Clark.  Maud was born in 1881 in Talbot, Victoria and she died in 1941 in Dunedin, NZ.  She married Alexander Hutchinson Howie, 22 April 1903 at GlenferrieRoad, Melbourne.  Maud's mother was Elizabeth Clark but I am not sure if this was her maiden name or her married name.  Maud's death certificate [I have a copy only] shows her father's name as Hendry but this may not be correct.  Also I don't know if Maud's birth place of Talbot is the small town of that name or the county in Victoria.

If anyone can help I would be pleased to hear from them.

Bob

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Maud May Clark
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 April 06 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi nz bob

I know you have the date and place of marriage but have you got the actual certificate.

Glenferrie road, runs between Dandenong Road and Cotham Road, through the suburbs of Malvern, Kooyong, Hawthorn & Kew, technically not classed as Melbourne.

Maud Mary CLARK (born: Talbot) married Alexr Hutchinson HOWIE (born: Sale) Year: 1903 Reg no: 3206
Victorian marriage cert. give parents names.  I was unable to find a Maud Mary Clark born to an Elizabeth & Hendry.

I could find a Maud Sarah CLARK born 1877 Reg no: 19769 AMHERST (Talbot county)
Parent: Lizzie CLARK

Cheers

Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline nz bob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 06 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Genni

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I do have Maud's marriage certificate and this was signed by her as M M Clark, her mother was named as Elizabeth Clark however on Maud's death certifcate [copy only] her mother was named Elizabeth Hendley [I had it as Hendry] and her maiden name as Clark.  Maud's father was named as Hendley and first name unknown.  I have searched through many records and have not found any birth that would match either name nor have I found a marriage of Elizabeth Clark to a Hendley.  I don't know if Maud had any brothers or sisters. I posted the note on the board in the hope that someone may be able to help me.  I also have noted the birth of a Maud Clark to Lizzie but the date doesn't quite fit.  I would be pleased to hear from you if you can give any further help.

Regards 

Bob

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 April 06 18:46 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on my grandmother Maud May Clark.  Maud was born in 1881 in Talbot, Victoria and she died in 1941 in Dunedin, NZ.  She married Alexander Hutchinson Howie, 22 April 1903 at GlenferrieRoad, Melbourne.  Maud's mother was Elizabeth Clark but I am not sure if this was her maiden name or her married name.  Maud's death certificate [I have a copy only] shows her father's name as Hendry but this may not be correct.  Also I don't know if Maud's birth place of Talbot is the small town of that name or the county in Victoria.

If anyone can help I would be pleased to hear from them.

Bob

Hi Bob,
How old was MAud when she died please or dose it say ?
I am looking for some one in Dunedin there born: 1884 the Name is Alfred M Smith.
 cheers
OzyBob.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.