Author Topic: 2006 Canadian Census  (Read 6390 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
2006 Canadian Census
« on: Friday 21 April 06 20:50 BST (UK) »
Here's a link to the Government's web site about the questions that will be asked on the census. 

http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census06/info/questions/index.cfm

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline Burrow Digger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 Canadian Census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 06 03:41 BST (UK) »

And if you live in Toronto and want to be a ENUMERATOR, heres where to apply - gotta be fast - before April 25th  :)

http://jb-ge.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/ShowJob_en.asp?OrderNum=1993469&Source=JobPosting

Its paid by comission, I'm not sure if I want to give it a try or not. What do you think?? My usual job is evening so the hours should be ok.

edited - mm this a weekend & evenings job - I already have those. Nope I cant do this. :(

BD
BURROW, BICKHAM, EVANS, SULLEY, STONE - Devon
STEPHENS, MALLET, ADAMS - Cornwall
HANCOCK , BUSSON - Somerset
MCCALLUM, MCDIARMID, MCNEILL - Argyle, Scotland
WALLS, SUTHERLAND, SIMPSON - Orkney, Scotland
FAIRBAIRN - Fife, Scotland
THOMPSON - Aberdeen, Scotland

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 06 03:49 BST (UK) »
Wow, I think it would be great, except there are many people out there who don't think so and can be ignorant.  I wonder how much for piece work?  I should check in my area to see if there are any vacancies, a little extra cash around tax time would be good  ;D , they could just keep it  :P

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Bowman & Ellis - England

Offline hunter-bloom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 06:31 BST (UK) »
Did anyone run into people known or unknown that declined to allow their census records to be released to public record after 90 years? 2 of my aunts ages 62 and 51 both said they didn't want their records to be released after 90 years simply because they didn't want people to know their information. I guess they don't care if family is trying to trace their line later on. Basically if you checked off that one little box to have your record not released that is the end of your family line if someone decides to trace it in years to come and both women will be long dead so it wouldn't really matter anyway.
so far Burse, Burs, Buss, Hunter, Campbell, Jackson, Lupton, Griffett, Bloom, and Dewyk or D'wyk.

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Hunter

I had emailed all my friends and family and told them more about the advantage of having ticked the box yes and hoped that they would do so and, LOL, I reminded them that most of them would be dead by then anyways.

Only had one friend who thought he wouldn't even bother filling out the census, I gave him what for, and now the Census police are after him.

Karen
Huck - Alsace, France
Bowman & Ellis - England

Offline hunter-bloom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 July 06 06:05 BST (UK) »
this is going to sound a little silly, but is there really such a thing as the census police?
so far Burse, Burs, Buss, Hunter, Campbell, Jackson, Lupton, Griffett, Bloom, and Dewyk or D'wyk.

Offline amy-lou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 August 06 03:18 BST (UK) »
lol speakiing of census i did not fill mine out  nad they keep coming to my door so maybe they are the census police lol i wonder if one could go to jail lol .  good excuse to get the day off of work lol

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 August 06 03:34 BST (UK) »
LOL Amy, on the news they said the worst province was Alberta and BC for not filling them out.

I think the maximum is a fine and 6 months jail.

Karen
Huck - Alsace, France
Bowman & Ellis - England

Offline amy-lou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 August 06 03:37 BST (UK) »
okay 6 months in jail  is a little to long and a fine would take away from my ancserty fund so i guess i will be filling then out tonight lol