Author Topic: Northumberland Fusiliers  (Read 17345 times)

Offline Ord

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland Fusiliers
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 09 June 11 20:13 BST (UK) »
We are as certain as we can be that the short man on the back row right hand side is my grandfather Private Stanley Ord.

If anyone is interested, I have photographs of the graves of Private F Southern, Private G Wheatley and Private REA Mason - all buried in the VILLERS-FAUCON COMMUNAL CEMETERY. 

Offline Rhonddagirl

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 15 September 11 09:48 BST (UK) »
I've just been looking for info about my G Uncle Charles Emerson Standley who went into the 14 battalion Northumberland fusilliers on 11 December 1915.  I have to comment on the amazing transformation you have done with that photo Morrie! It looks brilliant. Wish I could find one like that of my G Uncle!

Kind regards
Nicki
Standley - Norfolk
Snowden - Louth
Clark - Hull
Dobson - Hull
Newlove - Hull
Grange - Hull
Glenton - Hull
Bielby - Hull

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 15 September 11 21:22 BST (UK) »
A try from me, also, if Tessy is still looking she can get a free program with a softening tool called "FotoMix" which works well. Regards, John.

Offline Tessy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 16 February 12 13:44 GMT (UK) »
This is very late but this is a blown up image of Private Stanley Ord - sorry it has taken so long Ord.

Offline pamelahilary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland Fusilliers - REA Mason grave
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 06 December 15 18:12 GMT (UK) »
I'm new to this forum and actually baffled how it works as I'd like to reach Ord, the person who has kindly offered a photo of a relative of mine.

I've always been puzzled that the Commonwealth War Graves Commission have no info on REA Mason who lost his life 3rd Sept 1917 in France.  Full christian names are Robert Ernest Alfred born 1894 in Gateshead, son of George Steel Mason - an ancestor-uncle of mine born Craster. Mother was Ann Isabella Smailes, also from Craster, Dunster-born.

I understand that I have to post three messages before I can contact anyone directly, so I'd appreciate any help with getting the photo.

cheers,
pamela in Bermuda

Offline Megan96

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 21 June 20 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,
There may be small chance of anyone seeing this, but I have just found this thread. My Great-Grandad was Sgt. George Aynsley of the 19th battalion, Northumberland Fusiliers, who enlisted June 1915 and was sent home sick from France August 1917. I have heard family rumours that he was blown up in an ambulance and left unable to speak (have found no evidence of this myself) and wondered if anyone had any information on him or how he was injured?
I found this thread because I have a photograph almost identical to the one originally posted, with a very similar background (ivy and beehives). Does anyone know anything about the origin of the photographs? Will post if interested.
Would love to hear from you.
Kind Regards,
Megan

Offline Carrotcruncher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 16 November 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »
My Great Uncle was in the 19th and lost his life killed in action June 1918. Would love to know who was in this pic. I see the little guy in the front is so similar to my my late Dad as a young man, seen here on the left hop picking . Cant help wondering if it is Pvt Albert Victor Siebert Reg No 69605
Norfolk Whitwell, Yaxham, Hackford, Reepham areas - Secker
Bethnal Green/Whitechapel London areas - Sacker