Author Topic: Cousin Found on Rootschat!!!!  (Read 1723 times)

Offline dedted29

• RootsChat Extra
  • TRICKER, Albert C. & Ella M.
    • View Profile
Cousin Found on Rootschat!!!!
« on: Tuesday 02 May 06 23:07 BST (UK) »
I am so excited!  I began my  "family history" project a year ago searching and hoping for a connection to my grandfather's family in England.  Admittedly  I was beginning to despair of finding someone (ANYONE) who was related.  Over the weekend I visited the SIT board to check possibilities.  There she was PARKER and FRYER in the same vicinity as mine.  Fryer and Parker are common names so I figured it would be another dead end.  The next day a reply came and I could not believe it- a CONNECTION!  Turns out her husband's gg-grandfather's is my g-grandmother Lydia's brother.  Apparently we're 3 cousins, 1 removed or so it seems.  We knew nothing of Lydia's family except for recent discoveries in census', etc.   Our FRYER cousins in England knew of Lydia's marriage to Reuben Tricker but didn't have much about her family.  In my excited state I fired off what must have been a 20 page email regarding Lydia's descendants here in the US and Canada; then worried for the next 24 hours that my email might have frightened her off.  Thankfully it did not!   In only 3 days we've exchanged photos, documents, heirloom letters and more.  I am still walking on cloud nine!

Thank you very much Rootschat!  ;D
Tricker: Hadleigh Suffolk, Hertsfordshire, Kingston, Surrey
Chapman: Sheering, Essex
Fryer: Middlesex, Essex
Parker: Kingston, Surrey
Knight: Redruth & Camborne, Cornwall
Hambley/Hambly: Cornwall
Turner: Essex
Stirratt: Ayrshire, Scotland
Knight: Ontario & Alberta, Canada

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cousin Found on Rootschat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 09:08 BST (UK) »
That's excellent news - we love our success stories!  :D

A big pat on the back to Bob, whose designed the SIT and to you for finding Rootschat in the first place!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Lucky P

• RootsChat Extra
  • Me & Grandad Jimmy
    • View Profile
Re: Cousin Found on Rootschat!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 09:24 BST (UK) »
Congrats cndtedder  :)

It's great to find our long dead ancestors, but somehow it's even sweeter to find actual real, living cousins that we can communicate & swap stories with.

Happy hunting!
Pepper/Hickman STS
Wilkes/Haywood STS/DBY
Bone/Longstaff DUR/NBL
Armstrong/Douglass NBL