Author Topic: Bacon / Belper- Duffield ?  (Read 882 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Bacon / Belper- Duffield ?
« on: Friday 05 May 06 19:34 BST (UK) »
I have the following family but cannot find out what happened to some of the children
Parents- Edward & Sarah, nee Attenborough, Bacon, m. 1828, Duffield, Children
Mary, b. 1829, george, b.1831,,John, b.1833 Edwin, b.1835, Joseph, b1838, Hannah, b.1842, and Eliza, b.1847.
The only one i have found is John, 1833, and his family, but i can find nothing on B.M.D. Familysearch,  or 1881 census that refers to the others, i would have thought the males would be on the 1881, and maybe something on BMD about the girls, but so far no luck, Has anyone any info on file about these people?.
Tank You bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bacon / Belper- Duffield ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 May 06 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi bodger
I don't have anything on file but had a scout around  for you.

1841: all children home with parents except Eliza(for obvious reasons)
1851: Hannah,John,Edwin and Eliza home with parents. George is in Stockport with aunt(Mary b.Belper 1807) and uncle surname Gambell
1861:Hannah home with parents
1871:Grandchidren Eliza and William E living with Edward and Sarah, no children.

I can't see George after 1851. There is a Belper death 1858 but hard to tell if that is his.
There is a Belper marriage for a Hannah Bacon in 1862 but I don't see who to.
Can't see Edwin in 1861.
Hope this helps a bit  :)
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 May 06 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Gardner, ,thanks a million for your help. Bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 May 06 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Gardner, after being out enjoying a pint or three of Guinness, iv'e just realised you have given me a relation i wasn't aware of, ie. aunty Mary, b.1807, the last person i had in  that family was John, b.1806, plus you gave me aanother name to follow, Marys husband, Gambell, in Stockport, so off we go again.
Thanks Again Bodger

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 May 06 21:59 BST (UK) »
Glad I could be of use. Let me know if you would like full census details for any of this.
Now Guiness is not my cup of tea but I do miss a glass or two of Harp would it be?
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk