Author Topic: Orr Family Edenmore Balteagh  (Read 6638 times)

Offline emma111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Orr Family Edenmore Balteagh
« on: Tuesday 09 May 06 18:40 BST (UK) »
My Great-Grandmother Sarah Ann Orr (born c.1890ish) came from Edenmore Farm, Limavady, Balteagh.  She married Samuel Caldwell in 1914 and moved to cityside Londonderry.  She had a sister Ellen and a brother Willie - does anyone know anything about this family?  She died when my Grandfather was quite young.

Also, I am looking for information about the Foster Family from Sion Mills and the Caldwell's from Caw Bray.

Many thanks

Offline vicjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Orr Family Edenmore Balteagh
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 May 06 19:09 BST (UK) »
I am related to and am doing research on the Orr family of Derryard who are related to the Orr,s of Edenmore and may be able to help with your enquiries .I reside in Coleraine. Do you reside in Ntn Ireland ? Victor

Offline emma111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 May 06 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor

I live in Southern England which is why I'm finding it so hard to get information on the Orr's - there aren't as many online databases for Irish research.  All I know is what my Grandfather has told me, he is 91 and lives near us in a care home.  Sarah Ann Orr (married name caldwell) died when he was about 13, he can't remember what her parents names were but is certain she had a sister called Ellen who married a Mr Marks and moved to Belfast and a brother called William (known as Willie).  I would be really interested in any information you may have.
Many thanks for your reply.
Best wishes
Emma

Offline vicjen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 May 06 13:02 BST (UK) »
Emma,
Tried to send a reply with family tree yesterday but lost both somewhere in the system. However,let us start again with Ellen Orr. She married an Alexander Mark. A daughter,Lily,married a Douglas Long and Elizabeth(born 1943),a daughter of Lily,s married a Mr Legg. They reside in England??Elizabeth has a brother Mark.
My info is that a Willie Orr died,age 25, of T.B
Another member of this family is a John Orr who married a Sadie Lindsay. They resided at Edenmore & then retired to Portstewart. They had no family & are both deceased.
Finally there is a Sam Orr who married Margaret ???. A daughter Elizabeth married a John McDonald & they live in Scotland.
The problem is that I do not have the name of the father for these four people. One suggestion is that it was an Andrew Orr,born 1832 who married a Rachael ???. If so there is another daughter,who married a William Christie in 1872. Another possibility is that all four are the children of John Orr & Mary.J.Lynn or Eliz. Douglas...married twice.
John had sons William,born 1859 & died from pheumonia in 1889,George,died in teens,James,John,Joseph,who married Mary.J.Cassidy(my wife,s line),and Andrew. Had the following daughters Eleanor,born 1870 & married Jos. Rosborough, Jane who died age 16 and Ellen who married John Quigley.
Is this enough to start with.? I can let you have a full family tree if you wish to let me hav eyour e mail address.
Best Wishes in the meantime... Victor

Offline emma111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 May 06 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor

Many thanks for that information, to fill in all I know about Sarah Ann Orr (Ellen and Willie's sister) married a Samuel Semple Caldwell in 1914 and had 2 children John Harold Caldwell (known as Harry) who is my Grandfather who is now 91 and William Reginald Caldwell (known as Uncle Bill) who was a member of Bomber Command in WW2 and tragically killed on the night of 12/12th July 1943.  I would love to see your family tree my e-mail address is MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses. Thank You  best wishes Emma

Offline barbaramgraham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anybody knows any more about Joseph Orr who married Mary Jane Cassidy. My interest lies in the Cassidys but I am struggling to find a living relation of MaryJane. Her parents were Leslie Cassidy and Rebecca Irwin. I believe Mary Jane and Joseph had at least 6 children. Elizabeth, Ellen, John, Joseph, Reba-Jane ( I presume this was short for Rebecca) and Annie Mary.
Many thanks for any help.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:44 GMT (UK) »
c reg  Birth, Marriage and Death results for Cassidy of Limavady 

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01na2/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Party 1 Name   JOSEPH ORR
Party 2 Name   MARY CASSIDY
Date of Event   26 January 1889
Group Registration ID   2516479
SR District/Reg Area   Limavady

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1889/10748/5919319.pdf

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile