Author Topic: frustrated  (Read 1449 times)

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
frustrated
« on: Monday 18 October 04 17:07 BST (UK) »
S.O.S  I have a mystery ancestor and it's really bugging me.
 Kate (real name) Misselbrook born: 1834 Marylebone
 I have her as a witness to her sisters wedding in 1858,the other witness is George Volins and thats where I lose her!!I cannot find a marriage for her and I have been told she died in 1917 but cannot find her death. I cannot find her in a census,I feel I have explored every avenue but I don't want to give up.Can anyone suggest what to do next? Eileen Shipp

Offline Kimi

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: frustrated
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 October 04 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Eileen,

Have you tried looking for her death on the 1837 on line for 1917? If she can be found, then you know she never married.  Do you have her birth certificate and did she have a middle name?  If she did, you could try looking on the census returns under that.

Kimi
Ryder- Limehouse/Canning Town.
Couley- Limehouse. 
Hogben- Canning Town/Kent
Richbell- Kent.
Davies - Lancashire
Lester - Berkshire

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 October 04 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Kimi, I have looked for her death at the FRO before  and after 1917 I have her baptism record and that is her name-just Kate I wondered if she married George Volins the other witness at her sisters wedding -no luck there.I've tried Scotland and Ireland as well.Eileen

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 October 04 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Kimi, I'm just wondering if she would still be at home on the 1861 Census,she would be aged 27.I  don't know where they would be living,in London I expect. Her father was a keeper at London Zoo which would be Regents Park I suppose but I've no idea if he would be living on the premises so to speak!!Eileen Shipp

Offline Kimi

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 October 04 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello again Eileen.  You said you had her baptism record, do you have her birth certificate as well?   Not sure if her parents names will be on her baptism record.  If it is, you could try and look for them on the census.  She may well have been living at home in 1861 but if she wasn't, she must be on another census somewhere.  With her parents. Sorry if you've already done all this but I'm not sure what information you have on her . If it's very limited, that may be why your having trouble finding her.

Kimi ;)
Ryder- Limehouse/Canning Town.
Couley- Limehouse. 
Hogben- Canning Town/Kent
Richbell- Kent.
Davies - Lancashire
Lester - Berkshire

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 October 04 17:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kimi for your help.I expect I'll do what I usually do,leave it for a little while and come back to it.Regards Eileen.
P.S. who's going to find our missing descendant first!!

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 October 04 19:35 BST (UK) »
pps.Whoops!! I meant Ancestor

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 October 04 19:46 BST (UK) »
What is her father's name and occupation (they should be on her sister's marriage cert)?
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 October 04 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hello,I have Kate's father and mothers name, as I said before I have all the information I need on the Misselbrooks and they had 11 children!! Kate is the mystery.Also my grandmother's name was Nellie Volin Misselbrook, another mystery,I've tried to investigate that name-no luck.Also her sister was baptised Harriet Cooper Misselbrook I mean where do all this strange middle names come from? I cannot find any connection with these names in the family. regards Eileen