Author Topic: old barges  (Read 5853 times)

Offline TWIGG

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: old barges
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 June 06 14:11 BST (UK) »
hi again keith
i was surprised to see your family tree has the partingtons,dont no if anyone of them came from liverpool.
my great g father was thomas partington he married elizabeth partington formal pollick its a small world there are partingtons everywere regards twigg

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 June 06 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Twigg,

Your right about lots of Partingtons - most came from Stretford, and Radcliffe although some went to Liverpool and my grandfather to Devon.

Those date you have put down are birth dates I presume - i.e. William born 1882!?

You may find like my lot that they were a close knit group of people and married into the same collection of names - often staying at census times with other family members - when their parents were off on their boat trips.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Auntie San

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 January 07 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Twigg,

I read with interst your post about the barges, My husband knew Harry Vaughan very well, he did as you say die a while back, I would, seeing as how you knew Harry if he was family You could try that book Burcough boatman and their marriage's it lists all those familiar names. It has been some time since I read the book so I am not sure weather or not it lists the names of the boats.
Harry was a great guy, showed my husband a lot of old rope tricks, he loved to talk did Harry I wish my husband had taped half of what he said it would have made my research a lot easier.

Best wishes

San
Liverpool Moore ,Johnston, Murray Goodwin ,Cain , Gearing, Murphy
Cheshire Broster
London/Kent Tynan, Duggan Moore, Kennet, Mumford