Author Topic: ROPE - research from Australia  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Coriolana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
ROPE - research from Australia
« on: Sunday 08 February 04 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching a convict ancestor - Anthony ROPE B. born between 1750 and 1759 in the Parish of Rochford, Essex, England.  In 1785 he was found guilty of stealing and sentenced to transportation for 7 years.  He arrived in Australia in the First Fleet in 1788 and married Elizabeth Pulley on 19 May 1788.  Anthony and Elizabeth are reputed to have given birth to the first male European child conceived and born in Australia.

I have no details of Anthony's parentage.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  ;D

regards
Carol
ALLAN BARWICK BIRMINGHAM BRYANT BURTON CAMERON CASSELS CELEY CUTHBERT DAVIES DAWSON DEAN DWYER EDDIE FITZGERALD FLOOD FLOYER GRANT GREEN HAWKINS HIMES LEVANS LONG MASTERMAN MAXWELL MCINTYRE MCLENNAN MCPHERSON MCVIE MOSS NORMAN ODONNELL PLACE PLAYER PULLEY ROGERS ROPE SINCLAIR STEED & OTHERS

Offline exessexgirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My lovely Mum
    • View Profile
Re: ROPE - research from Australia
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 September 04 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol. I'm afraid I can't give you any information about the name ROPE. This is just to say that I to am here in Australia, coming here from ROCHFORD in Essex. Have you tried the Essex Record Office. I think it's in chelmsford Essex. Also there is a site www.thisisessex.co.uk. Also you could try searching for the Rochford Council site. The council office are in East Street, Rochford. regards............Lyn
exessexgirl :)<br />
White, Curtis, Lockyer, Drew - St. Pancras
Collins & Catlin of Benington / Ardeley Herts,
Collins, Dunkley, Poole,  of Hackney, Edmonton,Shoreditch
Allens, Clapham,  of Islington.
DeAth.... of Shoreditch.
Gladden & Laker of Shoreditch / Bethnal Green
Bibbys, Smith, Webb, Buckley  of  Essex
Blessed and Wade Spalding Lincolnshire
Pullen, Weedon & Skipps of Hackney and Essex.
Danahar of Bethnal Green
Caddy - Stafford

Census information is Crown Copyright