Author Topic: Messages, Replies and E-mails  (Read 217487 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Messages, Replies and E-mails
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Flight Engineer

Little Nell is one of our team of volunteer Moderators.  I'm not sure what she removed, whether it was a post you started or just one that you've contributed to but I'll try to find out and will let you know by Personal Message.

You might need to reply to this in order to get the Pm system working, please!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 19:10 GMT (UK) »
I Am new and received an e-mail notification (oct.28)
"A topic you are watching has been removed by
Little Nell"
A need an explination, Why?
Who is Little Nell?
Thanks. Flight engineer

Flight engineer- believe you had posted the same message twice on the same thread (perhaps clicked the post button twice?) and that's why one was deleted.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes, there was a duplicate post, so I removed one.  No difference between the two so rather than people get confused or them posting answers on two separate threads (and potentially leading to duplication of effort) I removed one.

Sorry to have confused you  :-[

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JENTY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reid - Livingstone
« Reply #129 on: Saturday 15 November 08 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Tom,
        I have only just read your message of last June.I would like to make contact again. Do we do it through RootsChat or regular emails?
Please let me know . I will be checking up on RootsChat for a reply.
                                                               Jenty

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Saturday 15 November 08 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Jenty- you have to make a few posts before you can send PMs (personal messages). If you go to Tom's post and see a green scroll under his name on the left side of the post click on it. Then write your message in the box and click send. Email addresses should not be posted online. I notice that you've already tried to contact Tom in Feb.2008 (perhaps he's been busy or unable to reply for some reason) so after you send your PM it's a matter of waiting.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Saturday 15 November 08 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenty,

Some information which might help you and your cousin Tom.

1.  See Tom's post at:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,285354.msg1687059.html#msg1687059

It is dated 13 Feb 2008 and reads:
Hello there,

I believe this lady to be my cousin, who was nicknamed "Jenty" by members of her family. I have sent her a response giving some private details and she would instantly recognise me, even though I'm referred to as tommacgregor on Rootschat.

Kind Regards,

Tom.

However, that thread is locked which means, unfortunately, that you can't post on it.

2. As aghadowey say, you need to have made a certain number of posts before you can send PMs to another RootsChatter.  I think it's three.  But I think you can receive PMs which have been sent to you regardless of the number of posts you've made.

Anyway, try it.

For personal messages see top right of any RootsChat page.

And to increase your message count it doesn't matter what you write in your post - even if you just post to say thanks or to say that you are posting in order to increase your message count so that you can send someone a PM  ;D

Hope this helps,

JAP
PS: I've edited this post.
I've checked through other threads on this board and it seems that
a) if a person has posted 2 or fewer posts, they can receive PMs but only up to a maximum of 20
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,25856.0.html
and
b) 3 is the number of posts needed before a new member can send a PM.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,327529.msg2079766.html#msg2079766

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Monday 23 February 09 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to contact Poldweia.

I tried to send you a Personal Message but have now discovered that Rootschat rules state that a new Rootschatter has to make 3 postings before they can use the Personal Message system (it's a security thing!).

You should get notification of this message as you've already contributed to the thread. Can you please make 2 more posts to bring your total up to 3 and then send me a Personal Message just to let me know that you're 'up and running'.

It's to do with the Barsleys of Lincolnshire - you and I are the only Rootschat members with the name Barsley listed in their Surname Interests.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll hear from you.  ;D

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Ginnybegood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Thursday 12 March 09 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh Thank you Bob  I just found this board and thought it was just me making mistakes etc  Glad I am not alone

Ginnybe ::)good
Terry.Turner.Donovan .Nutton. Wilson. Mctigue

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Friday 13 March 09 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to contact Poldweia.

I tried to send you a Personal Message but have now discovered that Rootschat rules state that a new Rootschatter has to make 3 postings before they can use the Personal Message system (it's a security thing!).

You should get notification of this message as you've already contributed to the thread. Can you please make 2 more posts to bring your total up to 3 and then send me a Personal Message just to let me know that you're 'up and running'.

It's to do with the Barsleys of Lincolnshire - you and I are the only Rootschat members with the name Barsley listed in their Surname Interests.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll hear from you.  ;D

Jill

Hello Jill,

I've sent you a PM with some info that may assist you in making contact with Poldweia.

Christopher