Author Topic: surname Heywood/Hayward/Heyward/Haywood/Hegewald  (Read 6270 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
surname Heywood/Hayward/Heyward/Haywood/Hegewald
« on: Friday 09 June 06 13:32 BST (UK) »
Yes I have found under all these spellings of the above surname, in the Southwark area. Anybody have these surnames on their Family tree, 1800/1900
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: surname Heywood/Hayward/Heyward/Haywood/Hegewald
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 06 17:00 BST (UK) »
i have the last name of hayward from surrey, lambeth in my husbands tree what are you looking for maybe i can help

allie
I am researching the following names
husband's father side: Russo, Grasso,  Gere, Quackenbush, Hayward, Jackman, Davis, Jessop & Deaves, Pike Moore, newman, Harcourt, Beaumont, Hamilton,

husband mother side: Native American:Wengard, Renolds
Jones, Rinehart, Hammann, Kurthe

My mother's side: Grappone, Miano, Famiglietti,

My dad's side Donegal, Ireland: Carr, Campbell, McShane, Hawkin(Harkin), McCarthy, Gillespie, Cunningham, McHugh, McClafferty, Doherty, Cassidy, Bryne, O'Byrne, O'Donnell,

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 July 06 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Starnamminhee, The Hayward of different spellings are on my husbands side of the family, also the surname Carr.
As I use the library for all my computer work I do not have my files with me, but I do know that the Hayward family have had all the spellings that are in the title of this e.mail over the years. I have all but the 1871 census (with the help of Rootschat) for Alfred Heywood (B) 1832 Rotherhithe/Bermondsey, I believe him to be unmarried at this date, so far nobody has managed to find him, leather dresser is the occupation later on. He was (M) at Newington 1853. Thats all I can remember at the moment.
Alice Elizabeth Carr (B) 1853 abt. I cannot find her (B) her Father Robert Carr coachman. I have her (M) cert. to Augustus Lovell 25/12/1871 she was a minor when (M) her Father Robert Carr coachman deceased. So far I have four (B) certificates none with Father Robert, one has no Father, only Mother (B) workhouse. So far have not found her on the 1871 census, which would give a clue. there is an Alice E. on the 1861 but not Father Robert, in later census (B) England, Newington and Pentonville, not alot of help. Will get back to you when I have more info. Ann
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline eagletone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 October 06 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet

Alfred Samuel Heywood (b. 8th January 1832, Rotherhithe) is my great great grandfather, he appears to have been married twice, once in 1853 to a Mary Ann Manning Whitworth in Newington and the second time to Sarah Ann Page (although I have no record of this second marriage).

In the 1871 census (RG10  639 48 p39) he is living in Bermondsey at Hill? House:
   Alfred Saml Heyward   Head   Age 39   Leather Shaver   b.Bermondsey, Surrey
   Sarah   Wife   Age 31   b. Deptford, Kent
   Mary Ann   Daughter   Age 13   Scholar   b. Bermondsey, Surrey
   Sarah Sophia   Daughter   Age 5   b. Rotherhithe, Surrey
   Samuel   Son   Age 3   b. Bermondsey, Surrey
   Alice   Daughter   Age 1   b. Bermondsey, Surrey

Regards Tony
DOE Essex (Dunmow, Thaxted) Kent (Beckenham)    BARNARD Essex (Stebbing, High Roothing)
CLAYDON Essex (Stebbing, Black Notley)    GOWERS Essex (Stebbing)    WEAVER Essex (Black Notley)

HEYWARD / HEYWOOD / HAYWARD London (Bermondsey, Rotherhithe, Southwark) Yorkshire (Leeds)
ATKINSON London (Bermondsey, Camberwell, Deptford)    FIRTH Yorkshire (Leeds)    GREAVES Yorkshire (Leeds)
PAGE London (Deptford)    TEMPLE Yorkshire (Knaresborough, Spofforth)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 October 06 09:56 BST (UK) »
To Eagletone, My connection is with Sarah Ann page, I have these details but as I use the library I will need to go home and look up all the details, so will get back to you. Ann

Offline Joburg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 06 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    Marriage

Alfred Samuel Heyward - Sarah Ann Page

<Rotherhithe 1d 692 Mar.Qtr.1865>

Regards

Joburg
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eagletone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 October 06 11:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Joburg

That's the marriage I'm looking for

Regards

Tony
DOE Essex (Dunmow, Thaxted) Kent (Beckenham)    BARNARD Essex (Stebbing, High Roothing)
CLAYDON Essex (Stebbing, Black Notley)    GOWERS Essex (Stebbing)    WEAVER Essex (Black Notley)

HEYWARD / HEYWOOD / HAYWARD London (Bermondsey, Rotherhithe, Southwark) Yorkshire (Leeds)
ATKINSON London (Bermondsey, Camberwell, Deptford)    FIRTH Yorkshire (Leeds)    GREAVES Yorkshire (Leeds)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 October 06 09:49 BST (UK) »
The 1871 census you have for Alfred Heywood  I also have but I was given the surname as HEGEWALD and the address as George Terrace Bermondsey, but the rest of the details are the same.
Alfred Heywood (M) Sarah Page 6/3/1865 Her Father George Mother Sophia Ann (nee Jennings)
Alfred and Sarah (2nd wife) were the parents of my husbands Grandmother. On the 1881 census at 50 Downes St. Camberwell you will find Elizabeth Heywood (B) Peckham 1yr. (my husbands Grandmother)
I have Alfred Heywood on all of the census but one the 1851 do you have this??
I have Alfreds parents as Samuel Heywood (a leatherdresser)and Phillis.......he was (B) 8/1/1832 Salisbury St. Bermondsey(c)
 19/1/1832 St. Marys church Rotherhithe.
I do not have the (M) of them do you have this?
I know about Alfreds 1st (M)
I hope this info is of interest to you.
Please get back to me, in the meantime are you aware of T.V. channel 4 Family Tree on teletext it is page 174/5. Ann

Offline eagletone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 October 06 11:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann

I have the 1851 census for Alfred he appears to be working as a baker's assistant in Great Ormond Street, this makes sense as I have the certificate of his first marriage to Mary Ann and he is listed as a baker on this.

Here are the census details (HO 107 1513 p35):
21 Gt. Ormond St.   William Goodrich   Head  Age 50   Baker   b. Suffolk
Then there are fourteen other people on this page including
Alfred Saml. Hayood   Servant   Age 19   Baker   (no indication of birthplace)
I can send you a copy of this if you like.

If you have all the other censuses you will be aware of the family moving to Leeds and back in the 1890s. I do have Alfred's birth date as 8/1/1832 but the Salisbury Street, Rotherhithe is news to me, although I have a christening on 19th February 1832 at St. Mary's, Rotherhithe. I too have Samuel and Phillis as his parents, but I do not have any details of their marriage.

I may have found Samuel's father on the LDS website, but not substantiated:
Samuel Fisher Heyward  b.5th Nov. 1809   Christened 29th May 1811 at St. Mary's, Rotherhithe.
Father: George Heyward    Mother: Sarah . . . (LDS website - IGI batch No.C006251)

I haven't delved very far into the Page/Jennings side apart from gleaning some details from the LDS website.

Thank you for the teletext info I will have a look during lunch.

Regards

Tony