Author Topic: unprepared in chat room  (Read 4506 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
unprepared in chat room
« on: Saturday 10 June 06 11:56 BST (UK) »
 i made my first visit to the chat room on thursday night i had some good information and help from people in the chat room but i think by not being prepared before i went into the chat room i and not completly sure of what i was doing i think i might have wasted some members time i apolagise for that krissjoint kindly sent me some info on how to use roots chat i think i need to study some of the posts to make sure i know what im doing i hope figure it out quickly as i think this site is great i always put my hand up if im in the wrong and if i spoiled anyones enjoyment on thursday i apologise .  to the person who called me ra ra rasputin then signed out before i could reply my name is dave

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: unprepared in chat room
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 June 06 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

See this thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,154028.0.html

Still only been in once though  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 June 06 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

Don't worry about it, there are a lot of people who feel lost in the chatroom.  It's all a bit too quick for me!

Kerry  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline billabong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 June 06 12:02 BST (UK) »
HI Raa,
            I was in the chat room on Thursday night when you came in and I know sometimes it can be a bit daunting.
You have no reason to apologise as it is a learning experience for all of us and I know that everyone tries to help when they are able all you have to do is ask.Hope to see you there again soon.

Regards Billabong

Offline Aussie Karrob

• RootsChat Member
  • Looking for those pesky elusive ancestors !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 July 06 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hey Dave,
G'day mate.  Never ever give in.  Billabong (AKA Billa) who responded here before me is one of many gentle & caring folk who help raw recruits like I was back in late 2005.  Perservere mate and I hope to see you in the chat room some time soon
Cheers
Aussie Karrob (Robert & Karon)
Check the "Surname Interest Table" at the bottom of most screens to check all my SURNAMES.

SHEPHERD, ALSOP, GIBBS, ANDREWS, GREENWAY, COLBORN - Gloucestershire
KELK, COATES, LEEMAN - Lincolnshire
STANGER, POLLARD, HASLAM, WRIGHT - Surrey
MATTHEWS, POOK, COBBETT - Somerset
BAILEY, COLLINS, McDOWELL - Australia, then who knows where in UK?

For more family names visit:
http://www.robertshepherd.tribalpages.com

Visitor password: 1596

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 July 06 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Raa,

It's easy to carried away with an instant offer of help.  There are some really fast "looker uppers". 

So don't give up.

The chatroom is great fun so do visit again.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 August 06 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Raa

My first visit into the chat room, I could only discribe it as, being at, my first and only, game of bingo running about 12 cards!!!  :D :D :D

I think I just looked on after that and then all these lovely people were saying hello.  I did reply to thoses I could see.  I haven't been in since, as time doesn't allow at the moment, but I will.

Pam
Ainsworth, Meletto/Milito/Maletto-Bolton, <br />Blackmore- Widnes, Radcliffe, Devon.<br />Boyes- Devon, Kent.<br />Bradley- Windle, Sefton<br />Fisher- Blackburn, St Helens<br />Greenhalgh- Bury, Radcliffe, USA<br />Hennefer/Hennifer/Henefer/Henneford- Bolton, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Worc, Warw,<br />Kenwright- Widnes, Runcorn<br />Knowles- Sefton, Formby<br />Sutton- Homer Green, Sefton, Lunt, St Helens, Formby<br />Thompson- St Helens<br />Thrush- St Helens, Yorks.<br />Ware-Devon, Surrey

Offline Cathymjp

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 August 06 12:41 BST (UK) »
My problem was I could not work out how to reply to the lovely people who welcomed me into the room.  Tried to work out how to type responses in to no avail.  Have tried twice to communicate but left both times without success.  I have only really just got to grips with the rest of the site in sorting out boards etc.  Great site, very very helpful people and I am amazed at the amount of technical help which is so useful to me.

A happy rootschatter

Cathy
Chilton, Staffordshire and Shropshire
Greatorex
Arblaster
Noden

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 August 06 12:49 BST (UK) »
I went in once accidentally. I couldn't stay as I had to do the school run. It was a bit scary ... I thought I may be able to just read what others were chatting about, but they spoke to me too! I've never been in a chatroom before, and haven't been back again, but everyone was very pleasant.