Author Topic: missing page in the 1930 usa census  (Read 941 times)

Offline mike04

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
missing page in the 1930 usa census
« on: Monday 12 June 06 18:10 BST (UK) »
I have half of a family missing because they seem to be located on a missing page from the 1930 census.

I'm not good at identifying census pages but if you look up:

Foster Kisabeth,  Wayne County, Michigan in 1930. You will see him at the bottom of the page. There were several other kids in that family. If (using ancestry.com) I flip to the 'next page' it seems to skip quite a bit of turf and begins with another family all together.

My library has HeritageQuest which supposedly has census images as well, but it didn't even find the page I mentioned above.

Anyone ever found an alternative source for locating 'missing' pages?

Thanks

Mike
Rivett, Barsley, Jackson, Birchall, Aldred, Rigby, Hudson, Machin, Revett, Knight

<br /><br /><br />Any Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yankiescot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: missing page in the 1930 usa census
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 June 06 02:36 BST (UK) »
Send an email to Ancestry. They are very good about correcting this type of error.

1930 census has not been indexed by HeritageQuest yet. If you do not want to wait you can "browse" 1930 census using HeritageQuest.  You need to get the "Series", "Roll" and "Page" numbers from the ancestry search. You also need the "Incorporated Area", "Ward" and "Precinct" numbers at the top of the census page.

Offline mike04

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Re: missing page in the 1930 usa census
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 June 06 18:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Yankiescot,

Using the browse technique I found the missing page using Heritage Quest. I forwarded the info on the page to ancestry.com.

Thats certainly good information to know..I always wondered why things wern't coming up in Heritage Quest that were on Ancestry.

Thanks again,

Mike
Rivett, Barsley, Jackson, Birchall, Aldred, Rigby, Hudson, Machin, Revett, Knight

<br /><br /><br />Any Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk