Author Topic: 1841 look-up Jones.  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 look-up Jones.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 June 06 15:38 BST (UK) »
Well I'm getting somewhere. Sarah and David Davies married in 1871 - Holywell (which was the RD that Mold was in). I checked on the N WAles BMD site http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/  so can't give you the GRO ref.

I'm a bit concerned about the children's birthdates though. She was born in 1851 and had her children between 1898 and 1904+ Now I know it's quite possible to have the odd child in one'slate 40s-early 50s but more than one ???

Could you re-check your dates please. There's something wrong here.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dsd 3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 June 06 22:41 BST (UK) »
Gadget, my fault again......... Sarah Jones and David Davies only had the one child Robert c1871, the others were grandchildren.
From the info I have it states undefined (mother)? for Sarah
Will try to find out where Robert Jones died and where the farm is. I need to know as I intend to travel there.
Hope you still have hair when you have finished helping. :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 June 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
dsd - I think I'll have another look  ;)

I've solved who an elusive Mary from Scotland was, who John Hairstens parents where and when he was born, taken masses of bets on the 33333 thread and various other bits and pieces and I still ain't sorted your Robert  :'( :'( :'(

Hair still there, sense of humour still there  ;)

Get a map or use multimap or old-maps to see if you can spot the various possibles around the Mold area. It is quite industrialised but intermixed with pockets of rurality. If you can find the name of the farm, I have a buddy who knows all the farms around there.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 June 06 23:37 BST (UK) »
Are you sure of Robert Jones date of birth. The only one I can find on the 1861 in that broad area with a daughter Sarah b.c. 1851, was born circa 1815. He was a tailor.

Gadget

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 June 06 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, do you have Sarah, David and Robert on the 1881 Census? I've had a look but can't find them.

Paul.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 June 06 11:15 BST (UK) »
Can't find them anywhere Paul - I think there's something wrong somewhere. I gather dsd is getting information from an elderly relative, so have put this on the backburner. Another pair of eyes would be most welcome  :)
It might be worth trying England as well, I suppose.

Gadget

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 June 06 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget, I agree something is wrong I can't find them anywhere. I have looked for them on the 1881 born mold living in England but still nothing.

Paul.

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 June 06 15:35 BST (UK) »
The only one that I can find born Mold was born circa 1831:

Ho107/1410/2 Folio 5 Page 12

He is living in Wylfa, Argoed
Edward Jones, 50-54, collier
Ann, 50-54
Edward, 20-24
Elizabeth, 15-19
Sarah, 10
Robert, 10

All born county

Robert Jones is a fairly common name as you no doubt know  :(

Gadget

Hi dsd,
You said this could not be the Robert Jones you are looking for because he only had one child. The people in Gadget's 1841 census are Robert (10) Parents and siblings not his children, so it could be him, unless you know his parents are not Edward and Ann.

Paul.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 June 06 15:43 BST (UK) »
And there are some ARgoed Robert and Sarah's in later censuses - I just gave them up as dsd was so sure that they weren't the right ones.
Thanks for re-reading thethread Paul. I'm a bit whacked at the mo, so will wait until dsd comes back to us.

Gadget

also note he has a sister Sarah