Author Topic: Bowleys of battersea  (Read 2439 times)

Offline babsfamhis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Who am I ?
    • View Profile
Bowleys of battersea
« on: Friday 16 June 06 18:39 BST (UK) »
Am looking for info regarding what I believe was a paint manufacturers, although they may not have produced just paint. I believe they were still in existence in the 1960s.  Is there anyone who know where they may have been in battersea and whether they did actually produce paint? ???

My late father claimed we were related to the family that owned this company although he wasn't sure how.

Any background info or help much appreciated ;D
Thanks
B
Flewers Middlesex area<br />Bowley London area

Offline greentrees

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bowleys of battersea
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 September 07 05:22 BST (UK) »
Have replied to one of your previous notes, from the info I have the Bowley paint factory burnt down in the sixties and moved to Mitcham Surrey.  My husband is a descendant of the Bowley family but not sure if it is the paint people

Offline Rosylin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bowleys of battersea
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 10 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have just joined Rootschat and found your messages about the Bowleys of Battersea. Did you ever find a connection to the paint factory?
I am a descendant of a Bowley family that moved from Westminster to Battersea and before Westminster they were from Leicestershire. (Nether Broughton, Notttingham and Derby). There is a family living in Battersea Park Road on the 1881 census who i think are connected to the paint factorybut i haven't been able to connect my Bowley family to them.