Author Topic: Looking for Joan Winifred GEORGE born 1921  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Bronniebebe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Joan Winifred GEORGE born 1921
« on: Tuesday 27 June 06 04:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would like to find my father's sister, or any of her children. I don't know where to start. Would appreciate any help.

Cheers Bronwyn

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Joan Winifred GEORGE born 1921
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 08:33 BST (UK) »
There is only one possible death that matches:

Death

Joan Winifred GIRLE

b 29 Dec 1920

D 1981

Wandsworth

Vol 15  Page 1438

Of course, it could be that her death was recorded using only one of her given names, in which case there will be many!

A note of caution: if you believe there is a chance that this person is still alive, please inform a Moderator as Rootschat does not permit posting of information about living persons.

Further to the above, please do not discuss the details of any possible children here, but by all means use the Personal Message system to make contact if you are connected to this family.

Here is some information about tracing living people, which might be useful for her children, if any

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

You can search for a marriage here:

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx

Although the records are indexed, you have to search a quarter at a time, so this could be time consuming.

Good luck with your search!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Bronniebebe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Joan Winifred GEORGE born 1921
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 11:48 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for that information Arran,

I was unaware and don't want to upset anyone. I appreciate your advice and have edited my entry

Cheers
Bronwyn