Author Topic: WALSHE: Family Tree  (Read 2216 times)

Offline WoodElf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
WALSHE: Family Tree
« on: Wednesday 05 July 06 04:08 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information on my great grandfather's parents. I can't find any information on his family. His name is James Kevin Walshe, he was born on 17th February 1906 in Bouladuff, Ireland. So if anyone can help me find out who his parents are, I will be very grateful.

Thanks

Offline magsbutler

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: WALSHE: Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 July 06 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
You should be able to get a copy  of his birth certificate; first, if you look at thecore.com/seanruad and type in 'Bouladuff' you will see that it is in Tipperary North, Poor Law Union of Thurles, civil parish of Inch.

Next, go to:

http://www.groireland.ie/fees.htm

and scroll down till you see the list of local registrar's offices. You can order copies of certs. from these offices.
I have written to the one in South Tipp at Clonmel before, and had very speedy responses. Remember to enclose the correct money though, I think it's 10 euros nowadays, it says somewhere at the top of the page on the site link.
Cheers
Mags
Bailey - co.Limerick, Kilbeheny;co. Tipperary, Ballyporeen parish
King - co.Limerick, Kilbeheny parish
Moher - co.Tipperary, Ballyporeen parish
Farrell - co.Tipperary, Coolagarranroe, Skeheenaranky
Fitzgerald - ditto

Offline lemon125

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 21:53 GMT (UK) »
I saw your email while surfing through the net and was surprised t see my name appear on the world wide web.
 I’m not related, I moved into the parish of Bouladuff in 1977. I looked up register in parish records when I read your notice and noticed the following.
James Walsh, born 17th February 1904, son of Daniel Walsh and Mary Mulcahey. Sponsors were Michael Kenney and Joanna Walsh.
Also noted on register Kieran Walsh born in 1908 brother of the above. I do believe he had other brothers and sisters. And some of his relations may still be in the locality.
If you need further information please contact me on Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the PM system to exchange such information

Offline WoodElf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so, so much  :-*