Author Topic: Coroner's Inquest Records  (Read 1984 times)

Offline mafric

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Coroner's Inquest Records
« on: Wednesday 05 July 06 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
i wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to locate where the records of an inquest would be held.
The one i am looking for took place on the 8th of November 1883 and was held by Fred Price the Lancashire Coroner.

Marie
STAFFORDSHIRE -- Critchlow, Crutchley, Broadhurst, Meakin, Cordon, Corden, Berrisford, Hall, Heath, Ashley, Tittle, Bailey, Bayley, Webb, Wade

CHESHIRE Beamer, Bailey, Bayley, Ellis, Potter, Schofield

LANCASHIRE Conway, Beamer, Teasdale, Rice, Lees, Parkinson, Ellis, Potter, Palfreyman, Law, Schofield

DERBYSHIRE, Palfreyman

YORKSHIRE, Spence

IRELAND - Conway, Houlighan, Rice and Mahoney (DUBLIN), WOODLEY (COUNTY CORK, Leades house)

Wales - Pembrokeshire - Summers, Jenkins, Bowla

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Coroner's Inquest Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 22:03 BST (UK) »
I am going to the Records office in the morning if you want me to look it up can you post with all the details.

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Coroner's Inquest Records
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 July 06 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Mafric
There has been nothing kept of the coroner's records for that area at Lancashire Records Office until the mid 1900s.Apparentley the was no law saying the had to be kept and they were the coroners own personal papers.LRO dont keep newspaper records for that area ,I think it will be Manchester or Salford.Perhaps they may do look ups because you have the exact date.If you don't get sorted let me know I think Wigan  History shop may have some newspaper films I could look there for you but I am not sure when I will be going there.

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk