Author Topic: PM's delete selected messages  (Read 1256 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
PM's delete selected messages
« on: Monday 10 July 06 11:15 BST (UK) »
Is anyone else having a problem deleting selected messages in PMs?

I tick the boxes of a couple I want to delete and press delete selected and it deletes the whole lot!

I did a quick Go back one page and managed to get them back, tried a couple more times and the same happened.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PM's delete selected messages
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 06 13:10 BST (UK) »
I have just logged in again to find all my PMs are gone  :'( :'( :'( :'(  I probably should have backed them up but some of them I wanted to keep.

Great  >:(

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 July 06 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry,

The same thing happened to me too, now I just keep all my PM's just in case!

I did PM Sarah a while ago (back in July 05) asking why my PM's had vanished, she didn't know why.

Sorry I can't help, but I know how you feel.

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 July 06 14:18 BST (UK) »
You're probably clicking on  the wrong 'delete' button or are clicking accidentally on the very top check box (above the first message). If you check individual messages, scroll down to the bottom of the page/list and click 'delete selected'.

It does also ask you if you want to delete all message before it does so.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 July 06 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget

That was exactly what I did, ticked the box for the ones I wanted to delete and then clicked delete selected at the bottom of the list.  But instead of deleting selected it deleted the whole lot!  :-\

Kerry

Offline Burrow Digger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 July 06 15:06 BST (UK) »

I always tick the box and then click the deleted button for that message only - that way only 1 msg gets deleted at a time.

works for me, and I dont let them build up too much. :)

BD
BURROW, BICKHAM, EVANS, SULLEY, STONE - Devon
STEPHENS, MALLET, ADAMS - Cornwall
HANCOCK , BUSSON - Somerset
MCCALLUM, MCDIARMID, MCNEILL - Argyle, Scotland
WALLS, SUTHERLAND, SIMPSON - Orkney, Scotland
FAIRBAIRN - Fife, Scotland
THOMPSON - Aberdeen, Scotland

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 July 06 15:22 BST (UK) »
Well all I can say is it's very strange - I have no probs with either. Are you sure you're not clicking that spare box above the first message  ???

See below:

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 July 06 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget

Absolutely not because I was just trying to delete 1 by 1 so just ticking box next to individual message.

And it wasn't too full only, I cleared it out a week ago or so and there was only 70 odd messages in it.

Kerry