Author Topic: Any one making a trip to Allerton cemetery  (Read 4289 times)

Offline jeffspencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Baltimore Maryland, USA
    • View Profile
Any one making a trip to Allerton cemetery
« on: Friday 14 July 06 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone will be making a trip to Allerton Cemetery( I was told they hold all burial records for Liverpool) any time soon. I have a ancestor buried in a private plot in Toxteth cemetery with no MI. I'm trying to find out who else is buried in the plot.

This is the information that I have been provided with thus far:
Toxteth Park Cemetery Burial Register ( C of E section )
No. 88733, 21st Jan 1902, Frederick James Askew, 56 years, Coachman, Greenbank Lane, Toxteth Park,
Subsequent burial, Section 4, No.466

Many thanks,
Jeff
Spencer's in Ulverston 1790's - ?, Spencer, Watt, Askew in Liverpool 1860's to 1880's, Spencer, Wild, Summersgill, Mellor, Chalk and Graham in Blackburn

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
Re: Any one making a trip to Allerton cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 06 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff

According to this site http://liverpool-ancestors.co.uk/index.html

the records are at Liverpool Records Office who are at http://archive.liverpool.gov.uk/

:( but they charge for research services.

Hope this helps
Wendi :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline jeffspencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 July 06 21:43 BST (UK) »
Wendi, thanks for the info, I've already received the info I was looking for.

All the best,
Jeff
Spencer's in Ulverston 1790's - ?, Spencer, Watt, Askew in Liverpool 1860's to 1880's, Spencer, Wild, Summersgill, Mellor, Chalk and Graham in Blackburn

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 July 06 08:03 BST (UK) »
hi jeff...i live 1 mile away from allerton cemetery.....toxteth cemetery is 6 miles from allerton cemetery.3 grave diggers drink in my local..if its ok with you i will pass on the info and ask the lads to find out who is in with frederick....regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline jeffspencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 July 06 12:56 BST (UK) »
Allan,

Thanks for the offer, someone from another forum has already gone to the library and found the information regarding Frederick and the 2 others intured with him.

Perhaps they could look for Frederick's wife, Agnes Askew b. approx 1848 to see if she is as buried in Toxteth Park cemetery.  The thing is, I dont know when or where she died. She does show up in the 1901 census, but beyond that I dont have any facts.

If thats to much to ask, I understand.

All the best,
Jeff

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 July 06 14:46 BST (UK) »
hi jeff...its not a problem...i`ll pass on info to the lads 2morrow...i`m off work tomorrow,so fingers crossed...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline jeffspencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 July 06 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Allen, thanks for looking into my query.  I wish I lived closer, I'd buy you a pint  ;D ;D ;D

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 August 06 20:54 BST (UK) »
hi jeff...just to let you know i haven`t forgotten you...the lad who can get me the info is on holiday,but his workmates know about agnes...i`ll contact you when i get your info...regards,,allan

Offline jeffspencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 August 06 22:02 BST (UK) »
No problem Allen, thanks for the update.

Regards,
Jeff