Author Topic: Bible  (Read 5422 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Bible
« on: Monday 17 July 06 11:31 BST (UK) »
I have a bible inscription "Benjamin Boden Maller a birthday present from his affectionate Father & Mother on his ninth birthday Feb 16th 1868"
This bible has been in my possession for over 50 years. When I started to reasearch my family tree I thought there might be some connection with this surname, but my research so far has not found it. I know on the 1881 censu Benjamin B> Maller was living at The Nursery Leyland Road, Lee, Kent with his parents. I also have a copy of his (B) cert. 16/2/1859 at Granville Terrace, Lee, Kent. Mother former name Mary Boden.  I know that she was 59yrs. (B) Camberwell Surrey, also have a note of benjamin (M) Northampton 1890.
My Grandparents lived in Leyland Road in 1930, but I have not found out if they lived there a few years before.
I know when my Grandfather came out of the army he went to Farnham on a farm, I believe for training and maybe he went to Lee and worked in The  Nursery???
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline patchnet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bible
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 12 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi - Your message is almost six years old now, so you may not be at the same email address, or you may not be registered here, or you may have by now found out everything you wanted to, but I too am researching the Mallers, not from a genealogical perspective, but from a local history one, being interested in the Mallers' Nursery in Lee. So if you'd like to share info (assuming you are still there and still interested), please let me know! All the best, Pat

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bible
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 February 12 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat
Moors was last on this site earlier this month so they should see your post.Best wishes
North East of England