Author Topic: McCormack/Gavin/ Brophy/Egan updated  (Read 10222 times)

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
McCormack/Gavin/ Brophy/Egan updated
« on: Thursday 28 October 04 22:31 BST (UK) »
Researching these lines mainly in Tullamore and surrounding area,in particular Patrick Gavin and Anne Egan married circa 1896 ,had two daughters Mary Kate born 1897 and Bridget born 1901.

Mary Kate,my grandmother went on to marry John McCormack in 1926 in Tullamore.

To date seeking a marriage for Patrick and Anne.

With Thanks

scatty
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: McCormack/Gavin
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 January 05 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scatty

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline adamjack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 February 05 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frances/Scatty

I am trying to trace my Gavin ancestors. I have got back to John Gavin born circa 1822, Clara, Offaly, married Mary Ann Lowe, b. circa 1821, Bellair/Ballyard, Lemanaghan parish, Offaly. They married between 1840-1845 in Ballycumber, Offaly, according to Mary Ann's death cert in Queensland, Australia in 1910, her husband was the informant.
They had 7 children in Offaly (all baptised in Rahan) before emigrating to Queensland, Australia, on the Erin Go Bragh, which left from Queenstown (Cobh) Co Cork & arrived in Aug 1862. The youngest of the 7 children, Patrick died at sea. They had two more sons in Queensland.
I have a lot of info on the family in Queensland but not much in Ireland. The Genealogy Research centre in Tullamore is currently doing a search of the whole county records on this family at my request. I am currently living in Dublin but am from Queensland.
Hope to hear from you & hopefully establish a link between our families
John

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 February 05 16:51 GMT (UK) »
adamjack,
Thank you for your posting,I was very interested in the family information you gave. As yet I cannot say if there is a connection as I have been unable to track my Gavin roots.
I will certainly bear you in mind and your reply has made me determined to get the wheels in motion.

Best Wishes

Scatty
McCormack, Corr, Dublin

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 November 07 04:27 GMT (UK) »
hi John

Am interested in your Gavins, not so much because of the Offaly connection but because I also have Gavins in Qld though mine came from Wicklow via Dublin. Whereabouts were your Gavins in Qld??

Cheers

Pauleen

Hi Frances/Scatty

I am trying to trace my Gavin ancestors. I have got back to John Gavin born circa 1822, Clara, Offaly, married Mary Ann Lowe, b. circa 1821, Bellair/Ballyard, Lemanaghan parish, Offaly. They married between 1840-1845 in Ballycumber, Offaly, according to Mary Ann's death cert in Queensland, Australia in 1910, her husband was the informant.
They had 7 children in Offaly (all baptised in Rahan) before emigrating to Queensland, Australia, on the Erin Go Bragh, which left from Queenstown (Cobh) Co Cork & arrived in Aug 1862. The youngest of the 7 children, Patrick died at sea. They had two more sons in Queensland.
I have a lot of info on the family in Queensland but not much in Ireland. The Genealogy Research centre in Tullamore is currently doing a search of the whole county records on this family at my request. I am currently living in Dublin but am from Queensland.
Hope to hear from you & hopefully establish a link between our families
John
McCorkindale (Glasgow, London and Australia); McCorquodale (Argyll and Gloucs); Sim (Stirlingshire); Melvin (Leith); Kunkel (Bavaria); O'Brien (Clare, IRL); Partridge (Gloucs); Morrison (Strachur, Argyll); Gavin (Kildare and Queensland); Murphy (Wicklow); Sherry (Tullamore, Wexford and Australia); Paton (Robert and Madge or children in Govan); Paton (Dundee); Paton (Qld Australia 1910+); McDavid (Wigtown)

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 November 07 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cassmob,

I was very interested in your posting on the Gavin line. Sadly I have not been able to obtain any information which may help.
My Gavin is my grandmother Mary Kate , married to John McCormack in 1926 so very recent in comparison to yours.
Hope we do find a link somewhere along the way.
Scatty
McCormack, Corr, Dublin

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 November 07 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Scatty. It would be interesting wouldn't it. Cassmob
McCorkindale (Glasgow, London and Australia); McCorquodale (Argyll and Gloucs); Sim (Stirlingshire); Melvin (Leith); Kunkel (Bavaria); O'Brien (Clare, IRL); Partridge (Gloucs); Morrison (Strachur, Argyll); Gavin (Kildare and Queensland); Murphy (Wicklow); Sherry (Tullamore, Wexford and Australia); Paton (Robert and Madge or children in Govan); Paton (Dundee); Paton (Qld Australia 1910+); McDavid (Wigtown)

Offline noelmccormack

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 October 09 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my name is Noel McCormack, i am living in Mullingar.  My father's name was John McCormack from Clara, Co. Offaly.  He was born in 1927 the oldest of three children.  His father was also John McCormack.  I don't know if there is a connection but would be interested to find out!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Noel

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 31 October 09 20:08 GMT (UK) »
(by kind permission of Noel Farrell)
Tullamore Roots 1901;
Bury Quay( St Josephs Convent)
Mc Cormack Mary

Crow st (2)
Gavin William & Anne; John, Bridget, Margaret, Gertrude, Christopher.

Clonminch;
Gavin Margaret, Anne, Michael, James.

Killeigh;
Gavin Partick & Mary; William, Bridget, William.

Quarry view/Tinkers row (22)
Gavin Patrick.