Author Topic: Twins-Robert and Alexander Donaldson  (Read 1911 times)

Offline ravenhair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Twins-Robert and Alexander Donaldson
« on: Wednesday 26 July 06 16:44 BST (UK) »
My gt grandfather Robert Donaldson and his twin Alexander, were born to John and Euphemia Donaldson, on 5th May 1873 in Granton, Edinburgh. They had an older sister, Mary, (born 3.12.1871).

On the 1881 census they were recorded as living at 24 Prince Regent Street.

I would like any further information on Alexander or Mary, if anyone reading this has any connection.

Thanks!

Offline teressa74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Twins-Robert and Alexander Donaldson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 July 19 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am hoping you are still active here. Robert and Sandy (alexander) were as my grandma described 6 feet tall twins with bright red hair! they were her uncles. please message me if you are still here.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 July 19 09:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, teressa74!

No-one can PM you until you have made 3 posts in the forum.

Was Mary your great-grandmother, then, or did they have another sibling?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ravenhair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 July 19 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Teressa
I haven't been on here in a while, but fortunately this site is connected to my e mail, so I got your message :) I believe we have previously been in contact, and I was so pleased to see your message on here. My grandfather was John Alexander Donaldson, father was John Henry Donaldson, and I believe I somewhere have a photograph of Alexander (Sandy) and Robert. It would be great to renew contact and share information. Kind regards Carol

Offline teressa74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 July 19 12:14 BST (UK) »
I misspoke last night. Mary would have been my great great aunt. My grandmother was Mary Sybil White, her mother was Eleanor (Ella) Donaldson who married Walter Stewart Keith White. Eleanor's father was Robert Donaldson who married Mary Boag.
I am still putting together information, my grandma passed away in 2007, I have a lot of her pictures.

Offline teressa74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 July 19 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,
forgive me, my memory is not that great for some things. I have over the years contacted many people from all sides of my family tree. Recently I started searching again as I found some new info on my paternal grandmother...and because I have a set of identical twin granddaughters who just turned 4 years old.
If we have chatted before, I would love to renew the acquaintance as well. :)
Teressa

Offline ravenhair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 July 19 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Teressa,
Thats ok, it was back in 2008 would you believe!! I dip in and out of my research when the time and inclination allows, and haven't really done any for quite a while,  lovely to hear you have twin granddaughters  :)  I will see if I can find the photo of Robert and Alexander, I think I might have one of Mary (Boag) too.  :) :)