Author Topic: Caroline BEAVEN birth  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Caroline BEAVEN birth
« on: Sunday 06 August 06 12:00 BST (UK) »
I would like to find out the name of Caroline beaven's mother. She was born possibly in the North Bradley area between 1820-1827. Her father was Job Beaven. Can anyone find a birth/baptism for her? I have also put this on the Somerset board.
Thanks thelip
Lamper, Hoather,Trangmar,Hide, Hollingdale, Sussex
Dinkele, Galer London
Pope, Beaven, Button, Somerset
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs
Burrow, Goodwin, Worcester
Pound,Naish, Wilkey,  Bristol

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline BEAVEN birth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 August 06 21:51 BST (UK) »
Was Caroline or her mother born North Bradley 1820 - 27?
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 August 06 08:05 BST (UK) »
Job Beaven was born in North bradley/Southwick in 1797.He moved to Westbury when he married his second wife Eliza hancock in 1828. Caroline was born 1820-1827 so I am guessing that she was born in North bradley. I would like to know if Job's first wife was her mother which looks probable but I would like to confirm this by finding a baptism. The family seemed to move around so of course Caroline may have been born elsewhere which is why this is a bit tricky! Thanks Thelip
Dinkele, Galer London
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Thelip

You were right they are a bit tricky and must have moved around.   First the bad news.......I could not find either Caroline's or Job's baptism in North Bradley or Westbury  and I don't think there is a parish of Southwick  :(

However, I MAY have found Job's first wife with a burial in Westbury
5 Jun 1828 Ann Beavan age 31 ie born abt 1797.

Job's marriage in Westbury........Dec 1828 Job Beavan, wid, otp, and Eliza Hancock, sp otp.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 20:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying.
I think I need to go back to the idea that they moved into Somerset so Caroline was born there. I have just re-read my information which has been given to me by someone else researching this family and they refer to the information on the 1841 census at Trowbridge. Do you have access to the 1841 or shall I put another request for that? As for the first wife, that is not a name that I have seen before so i will investigate. If that was his first wife then he did not leave much time before re-marrying!
 Thanks Thelma
Dinkele, Galer London
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs

Offline appleshaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Update on Job/Caroline Beaven/Baven
Job was born in North Bradley but baptised in Trowbridge. At a young age he was living in Southwick, which at that time was a civil parish under North Bradley.

In 1828 he married in Westbury under the name Baven - just say Bevan with a broad Wiltshire accent! In the 1841 census he was in Trowbridge and the family were again recorded as Baven.

In this census all of the family, apart from Caroline, were marked as having been born in Wiltshire, so it is probable that they lived in Somerset for a short time before moving to Westbury.

In later life Caroline is recorded as having been born in Trowbridge but this must be based on her memories of her childhood. She must have been the daughter of Job's first wife who presumably died in Westbury - but her death elsewhere could have been the trigger to move there.

Can not think how I missed the death of Ann Beaven in 1828. The date really fits; with three young children to be looked after it was usual for a quick re-marriage at that time. Will need to check the register but I have a feeling that the Westbury registers at that time did not record husband. Would also have expected the name to be Baven - but names depended on who was writing the record that day.

Offline Theli p

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Is that you Peter? If so we have been in touch about the Beavens and this is what triggered my question on Rootschat. I am very pleased that you have discovered this site and I hope you will find it as friendly and useful as I -and many others, have. I have been working on my own family so the Beavens (who are my husbands family) have largely been ignored! I must get back to them because they seem to be a bit complicated but all must be linked somehow as they come from the same area.
Best wishes and enjoy Rootschat. Bye Thelma
Dinkele, Galer London
Walker, Rochdale
Simcock, Cheshire/Staffs